Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drive home...
If anyone can tell me how to save stations to a favorites list or something similar that is available when you first bring up the media panel I would be greatly appreciative. The sound system is indeed incredible.

Dan
I'm stumbling through discovery with Slacker and hope this info saves you some time: If you like the station, hit the [heart] icon in the top left of the music screen and it will save that station to your favorites. If you like the song, hit the [thumbs up] icon in the top middle. If you hit an icon by mistake, you can touch it again to cancel.

Top Stations shows only what fits on the screen. If you go to "Genres" on the left side, it will bring up pages of different types of music. Each Genre will have multiple submenus (like Classic Rock, Folk Rock, Indie Rock, etc.) This is where Favorites helps to get to those selections without searching or scrolling through stuff to find them again.

Ok, I didn't know I had access to FM radio until yesterday. Love my local NPR station and was frustrated with the national feed. Slacker locked up on my screen last night so I did a reboot and it opened in FM. There is an icon on the top right (2nd from right) that looks like a wifi beacon. If you select that, you can change inputs from FM, streaming, Blu-tooth, USB etc.) Nice to have FM HD options there!

Voice recognition is 2nd to none. Click the right scroll wheel and ask for any band, any song and it will find it. Sometimes with strange interpretations!

Fairly significant panel misalignment where the front bumper meets the front quarter panel. Also a noticeable misalignment with the hood to front quarter panels. Interior was great except for some staining on the seats, both front and back. Jonathon immediately took it around to the techs that were just closing up shop and 15 minutes later brought the car back around and it was perfect!. Panels great, stains gone.

They are able to fix significant panel misalignment right there while you wait? In just 15 minutes?

Is this normal at other delivery centers?

They are able to fix significant panel misalignment right there while you wait? In just 15 minutes?

Is this normal at other delivery centers?
Depending on the panel it is actually often a fairly straightforward adjustment. Of course if the misalignment is outside the range of the adjustment spacers or bolts then it becomes a much bigger issue. Not speaking from experience specific to Teslas but other cars I have worked on were often this way.

Dan

Reactions: Waiting43
My IDA Called and scheduled my Delivery appointment for 10/31.
IDA asked me to reconfirm all the information for Registration and Payment both on the Phone and also on my Tesla Account.
The scheduled delivery date is now showing up on my account.
The car is still in transit and is somewhere in Illinois. Does it take so much time for transporting a car from CA to VA?

I was a high school band director for years. Now I teach elementary general music. It was grad school that killed my sleep cycles. With a wife a two young children in the house I couldn't start my studies until after everyone else went to bed so that often meant very late nights.

Dan
Hats off to the band director! I have a graduate and a senior who are band kids. We marched in the Washington DC Memorial parade this year. Thanks for all those years of inspiration!

I was a high school band director for years. Now I teach elementary general music. It was grad school that killed my sleep cycles. With a wife a two young children in the house I couldn't start my studies until after everyone else went to bed so that often meant very late nights.

Dan
As I've said elsewhere my career was spent in software, development then architect. There was a point, in the outsourcing phase of software, that it became apparent I had no plan B. The startup I was at failed at the height of the .com bust so there was a fair amount of time without a paycheck. I decided to get a MEd for science and math which I did. Spent some time teaching then re-entered software field. I think that was my first and only startup.

Has anyone been able to use a credit card for down payment once you're at your delivery appointment? It's not listed as a payment method option, but will they accept it for amounts under $5,000?
I'm afraid to ask my DA for fear that he'll say no, and then I can't plead ignorance at delivery. :oops: