Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... And fast....I would say its bordering on offensive...in a good way...I'm not knew to fast cars, I've had bmw m3's, awd tuned turbocharged imports, but this is something of a different animal. I cant imagine a performance model..the non-P is a riot and I cant wait to hear all of your stories. i will stay on this thread for the first drive accounts alone. Hold tight and advocate for your order. stay on these clowns and you will be fine.
... View attachment 343431

Glad that everything worked out for you. Being a fellow Texan, I can relate to the extra layer of anxiety on top of what everyone else experiences. I also agree with your assessment of the acceleration. The first word that came to my mind was "violent" to describe the feeling, and I'm switching over from a Mercedes C63. You can hear/read/watch videos about the instant torque a thousand times, but the real thing can only be completely appreciated first hand. People say the acceleration is "linear" but what wasn't clear to me until now is that that "line" is nearly vertical when you floor it. Enjoy your new ride!

And good luck to everyone that is still waiting. I can almost guarantee that whatever you've experienced up until now will be forgotten and forgiven within the first quarter mile.

So my wife and I had some business in Midtown this morning and planned to eat lunch at the Flying Biscuit after. However we found out there was a gay pride event going on in Midtown which had every restaurant packed and traffic worse than usual. So we headed to the FB in Sandy Springs to meet our daughter and her boyfriend (ug) for lunch. That meant we were quite close to Alpharetta so after lunch we headed to the Service Center to check things out. Busy but not crazy. The guy there (tall mustache guy) did tell me Alpharetta delivered over 500 Model 3s last month making it the busiest Model 3 Center on the east coast. Took this photo of several large crates that apparently contain Model 3 batteries b/c I found it interesting. 8 days and counting until I take delivery, can’t wait!

Attachments

• 4414224B-9B13-42DC-B4E3-F4C1360B9458.jpeg
    4414224B-9B13-42DC-B4E3-F4C1360B9458.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 77
So happy for everyone who's taken delivery. Your stories make the wait tolerable. Finally some progress for me: just today the Tesla credit app became available so I quickly submitted it. Since my DA didn't want me doing the credit app until a VIN was available I hope I'll get one soon. Now my wife is asking if she can drive it to work sometimes. She works in center city Philly and parks in a garage with tight spaces. I'm like, Ummm.. uhh.... I .... guess .... so....:confused:

So happy for everyone who's taken delivery. Your stories make the wait tolerable. Finally some progress for me: just today the Tesla credit app became available so I quickly submitted it. Since my DA didn't want me doing the credit app until a VIN was available I hope I'll get one soon. Now my wife is asking if she can drive it to work sometimes. She works in center city Philly and parks in a garage with tight spaces. I'm like, Ummm.. uhh.... I .... guess .... so....:confused:
Time to start saving for Tesla number 2. ;)

Update!

Got a call from my SC yesterday to confirm I’ll have everything when I arrive (e.g., trade-in title, registration, etc.). They said the car is, in fact, on the premises.

It’s happening!

Pickup scheduled for 1PM tomorrow. My last remaining FIA is that the car will have paint defects. :oops:

Here’s hoping she’s in prestene condition!

Good luck Dan! Curious to know if you are making your down payment with personal check, ACH, or certified bank check? I know they were taking personal checks at the end of Q3 but I wonder if they are no longer doing so.

• Helpful
Reactions: webdbbt
Good luck Dan! Curious to know if you are making your down payment with personal check, ACH, or certified bank check? I know they were taking personal checks at the end of Q3 but I wonder if they are no longer doing so.

When I talked to her, she said cashiers but I didn’t ask about personal because I already had a cashiers check on hand from my prior cancelled delivery.

What does FIA mean?

Forum Induced Anxiety ..

Honestly, the whole experience is like thinking about a first time dentist appointment .. once you go thru it , you will feel great and relieved in most cases. Honestly, this forum helps a great deal to learn and be prepared but don't assume you will hit every worst case scenario outlined here by someone as those might be one off's. the only ones that impact broader group is those stupid broadcast text msg type things which hopefully shouldn't happen any more as Tesla Quality, logistics, delivery started to be back on how it was pre Q3 madness now.

• Helpful
Reactions: fallen888 and rlb4
I’m actually glad this thread is getting quieter. That’s a good sign, no?
Personally, I have dropped off the face of the earth since taking delivery. Making up excuses to take the car out. It's a game changer for sure. I think my son put it best...

"It's what technology SHOULD be...it just works."

Dan

She works in center city Philly and parks in a garage with tight spaces.
Practice with Summon. She can get out where there's room to open the door, then use Summon to finish the job.

We're now a two-Tesla family. Last November bought the S100D for my wife because she hates buying gas. I thought EAP and eventual FSD would allow us to retain mobility with safe driving longer than our parents had. Didn't realize how wonderful the car would be. Soon wanted my own. Meanwhile my wife developed a few complaints - the car was larger than she liked, didn't have good interior storage spaces.

Model 3 is a better fit for her - sportier feel, easier to park, better interior desigh. Now the S100D, a great cruiser, is mine. Since I frequently work from home, it and our older Hyundai Sonata are now shared with our daughter's family nearby.