Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally today received an email from my Delivery Advisor, my Edit button had disappeared and my credit application was open to fill out, which is all sorted now. DA and finance team were very fast to reply to emails.

LR/AWD Non-P/Blue/Black Interior/Aeros/No EAP
Reserved: 3rd Jan 2018
Ordered: 6th July 2018

I received an email last night titled "Confirmed: Model 3 Delivery Appointment"

The first line reads Delivery Appointment Confirmation.

It then goes on to show my scheduled appointment on 10/19 @ 9AM.
I never received this the last time, and this car was supposed to arrive by 10/17 at the SC.

Should I be so presumptuous to assume this is now truly happening?
Wife laughing and telling me they're playing me again. She'll believe it when she sees it. :oops:

She's not wrong. You should not believe it until day of and you've not received a cancellation call. I've had multiple scheduled appointments in my account all cancelled the night before because "we can't find your car" "oh, it's still in CA" "oh, it's still in transit" and now, "oh, we got your car, turns out your bank didn't fund it though......" Now, "hey guys, need the new contract so I can get you that bank check...and hey, why you adding a balance to me account when we had it zeroed out on the last contract.....?"

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Happening fast
April 22nd 2016 reservation
Ordered 10/12/18
AWD white with black 19”s EAP
Just got a call vehicle in transit to east coast Tyco rd Va store
Maybe a couple weeks to delivery.
Much sooner than I thought , I had figured late november or mid December.

Reactions: fallen888
After 2 weeks of procrastinating about calling to find out my status, I sat down tonight to call the delivery line. Then, I saw that I had an email.

Delivery set for 11/12 in Springfield, NJ. IDA had a questions about financing, insurance and trade. We'll see how it goes.

Reserved in 2017. Configured: 8/31/2018 Non-owner Blue/Black AWD Aero No EAP, but trying to add it before delivery.

Reactions: webdbbt
Also, I have seen some posts about people ordering the Model 3 Peeformance and questioning whether Tesla actually gave them a performance version. Is there any simple way to see if my car is actually AWD vs RWD? How can this be physically verified? Is the front motor visible by looking under the car? Is AWD also shown in the software somewhere?

Thanks.

Yes, you can look at the VIN to determine if it is AWD or RWD. I’m going by memory here so you’ll want to google this and verify as there are several articles on how to decode the Model 3 VIN. I believe it is the 8th digit you look for, and an A denotes RWD while a B denotes AWD. Not sure about how to tell if it’s Performance but again google is your friend here. I don’t have my car yet (getting it Sunday, so darn excited!) but my understanding is that the drivetrain will also be shown on the big A screen in the car.

Good luck!

That's what I did. Went to delivery with two checks. One from me for my down payment and one for the remaining balance from my credit union. Paperwork literally took 5 minutes. Good luck! Glad you're getting your car!

Dan

Thanks Dan! Emailed my DA today to check status of the car and she verified it is almost to Birmingham, and should be on a truck to Alpharetta in a day or two. Still a go for Sunday delivery. Starting to feel like a kid right before Christmas, can’t wait for Sunday afternoon! :)

Update:

So I’ve been enjoying my 3. It’s an amazing machine that has its quirks for sure. Acceleration and handling are second to none. The experience is truly other-worldly. This car is in a class of its own.

Of course, I have to share some nitpicks too.

1. My turn signal is unreliable. It works, but doesn’t function as it should. Activating the left signal almost always activates the long press (even on short holds) and often fails to turn off when completing a turn.
  2. The phone as a key requires me to wake the car up from the phone before using it, at least for me. If I’m at work for 8 hours or about to head to work after a night of charging, it asks me to use the keycard. If I wake the vehicle up from the app prior, it works fine.
  3. Sadly, I noticed a gash in the lower panel on the passenger side. It’s been 3 days since delivery so I’ll be pissed if they give me trouble because I haven’t hit a thing. I didn’t get on my hands and knees to inspect the car at delivery and must of missed it. Pic is below.
8URRSPN.jpg

Overall though, these are minor inconveniences that I’m more than willing to overlook because the product is so compelling as a whole. I know Tesla will make it right so for now, even with these gripes, I believe the car is absolutely worth the wait.

Also, I have seen some posts about people ordering the Model 3 Peeformance and questioning whether Tesla actually gave them a performance version. Is there any simple way to see if my car is actually AWD vs RWD? How can this be physically verified? Is the front motor visible by looking under the car? Is AWD also shown in the software somewhere?

Thanks.

I posted this on another thread so here's the link: Rejected delivery this weekend

Update:

So I’ve been enjoying my 3. It’s an amazing machine that has its quirks for sure. Acceleration and handling are second to none. The experience is truly other-worldly. This car is in a class of its own.

Of course, I have to share some nitpicks too.

1. My turn signal is unreliable. It works, but doesn’t function as it should. Activating the left signal almost always activates the long press (even on short holds) and often fails to turn off when completing a turn.
  2. The phone as a key requires me to wake the car up from the phone before using it, at least for me. If I’m at work for 8 hours or about to head to work after a night of charging, it asks me to use the keycard. If I wake the vehicle up from the app prior, it works fine.
  3. Sadly, I noticed a gash in the lower panel on the passenger side. It’s been 3 days since delivery so I’ll be pissed if they give me trouble because I haven’t hit a thing. I didn’t get on my hands and knees to inspect the car at delivery and must of missed it. Pic is below.
8URRSPN.jpg

Overall though, these are minor inconveniences that I’m more than willing to overlook because the product is so compelling as a whole. I know Tesla will make it right so for now, even with these gripes, I believe the car is absolutely worth the wait.

Glad you are enjoying the car Daniel.
1) I think the turn signal issue may be a known turn signal stalk part issue some people have experienced. Look for a thread on that.
2) yep, to use the app it has to be able to connect to the car. There may an always on setting, think I'm remembering from our Model S, but pretty sure we keep it off to conserve battery. The card key being bluetooth will only work close up to the car. So you either get in the habit of pulling your phone out just prior or as you are about to walk out to the car (like when it's raining!) or you can pick up a key fob when they become available. Plan to get on the list for that myself. I do like our Model S's self-presenting door handles (senses the key fob) when it's raining or when you have things in your hands, but not one of the features of the Model 3.
3) don't think you'll have a problem with Tesla on the door. Looks like it happened before it was painted.

Glad you are enjoying the car Daniel.
1) I think the turn signal issue may be a known turn signal stalk part issue some people have experienced. Look for a thread on that.
2) yep, to use the app it has to be able to connect to the car. There may an always on setting, think I'm remembering from our Model S, but pretty sure we keep it off to conserve battery. The card key being bluetooth will only work close up to the car. So you either get in the habit of pulling your phone out just prior or as you are about to walk out to the car (like when it's raining!) or you can pick up a key fob when they become available. Plan to get on the list for that myself. I do like our Model S's self-presenting door handles (senses the key fob) when it's raining or when you have things in your hands, but not one of the features of the Model 3.
3) don't think you'll have a problem with Tesla on the door. Looks like it happened before it was painted.

Thanks! Happy to finally be part of the Tesla family!

Saw the turn stalk issue is known on the Tesla forum. Going to report it tomorrow. Tried to call the service department this evening before close but there was a 20 minute wait. :eek:

As for the phone, I guess I assumed the car wouldn’t require me to wake it up first. If you’re aware of a setting that extends its length of time prior to going to sleep, I’d love to know how. As a commuter car, vampire drain is less a concern for me.

Thanks! Happy to finally be part of the Tesla family!

Saw the turn stalk issue is known on the Tesla forum. Going to report it tomorrow. Tried to call the service department this evening before close but there was a 20 minute wait. :eek:

As for the phone, I guess I assumed the car wouldn’t require me to wake it up first. If you’re aware of a setting that extends its length of time prior to going to sleep, I’d love to know how. As a commuter car, vampire drain is less a concern for me.

I’ve had mine for three weeks and the phone has operated the car 100%. iPhone X.

I had a similar problem with my turn signal and the steering control module needed replacement. I started a thread on it, many are affected.

Just don’t open your driver side door and look in and see that it’s not painted inside. Once you see that you can’t unsee it.

I’ve had mine for three weeks and the phone has operated the car 100%. iPhone X.

I had a similar problem with my turn signal and the steering control module needed replacement. I started a thread on it, many are affected.

Just don’t open your driver side door and look in and see that it’s not painted inside. Once you see that you can’t unsee it.
Link to the turn signal thread?

M3 Red AWD LR booked 9/2
Delivery scheduled for 11/2

Does anyone know what kind of APR Tesla offers for Loan? Currently opted cash payment, but if Tesla provides better deal that FCU, I wanted to change it