Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For California owners as a point of reference, mentioned the other day that I got my license plate and registration card from DMV in under 3 weeks from delivery. In today's mail received my Title in just over 3 weeks from delivery. Looks like whoever was processing registrations for Tesla in California was very prompt; and wow, seems like record time for Calif. DMV processing. Think our license plate sticker renewals and driver's license renewals take longer than that.

Ditto, 19 days for me.

Good luck to everyone with the $1000 less issue today. I plan to call my person tomorrow morning about it. Here's my time line as an FYI:

10/14 order
10/17 text car ready to pick up on 10/21
10/18 receive purchase agreement
10/18 see that a new config for awd is 1k less
10/19 plan to call and get credit

Anybody know if having a purchase agreement made means I can't change the price? If they can adjust and make a new agreement if they can get it out same day? I guess I can always push back the delivery.

Just emailed my IDA and got an out of office reply, til Monday! Anybody know who I should call to get it handled sooner?

Last edited:
Took delivery tonight Red/ Sport/ no EAP 117xxx with 10/18 build date

Paint and Fit and finish looks fantastic. Exceeds all expectations. I even got the model car with delivery!

Only issue I discovered after I got home was one of the trunk lights isn't working :mad:

Unfortunately, I get home and the charging cable isn't quite long enough from the outlet without pulling the cord tight. Looks like I'll need the extension solution for several hundred $'s:confused:

Glad I can finally get out of this forum. Good luck to the rest of you!

Congrats! I would look into the replacement trunk lights anyways and skip having Tesla light put in....other direct replacements so much brighter. Just a thought. I just replaced mine and it’s night and day,

• Helpful
Reactions: webdbbt
So I ordered AWD at 6k, and White at $1,500. Take delivery in 2 weeks, but the "new" price for my exact car is $1,500 cheaper $61,500 vs $63,000(yes I've double checked the fees)....

That's just lovely...

Sorry to burst your bubble. Few weeks back, on my order page it showed that, after the bank loan, down payment, I owe about half a million to Tesla at the time of delivery Later, one of the CSR in CA fixed it while I was talking to her.

• Funny
Reactions: neroden
So I ordered AWD at 6k, and White at $1,500. Take delivery in 2 weeks, but the "new" price for my exact car is $1,500 cheaper $61,500 vs $63,000(yes I've double checked the fees)....

That's just lovely...

I heard on Wednesday that I had a VIN and delivery date. I asked to add EAP, which my IDA did yesterday. My new price for AWD reflects the new price, so I save 1k. Guess I just got lucky.

• Informative
Just got notice that our car is ready for Nov 12 delivery. Obsidian black awd. PA delivery. 898 vin. Does that sound old for delivery now?
Mine is scheduled for Oct 25th in Columbus, OH after 2 reschedules ( Obsidian Black/AWD/19"/black interior/EAP). The vehicle is still in Chicago ( as of 10/18). VIN is like 076xxx, so no way of telling. I guess I don't care with VIN is latest or not

Good luck to everyone with the $1000 less issue today. I plan to call my person tomorrow morning about it. Here's my time line as an FYI:

10/14 order
10/17 text car ready to pick up on 10/21
10/18 receive purchase agreement
10/18 see that a new config for awd is 1k less
10/19 plan to call and get credit

Anybody know if having a purchase agreement made means I can't change the price? If they can adjust and make a new agreement if they can get it out same day? I guess I can always push back the delivery.

Just emailed my IDA and got an out of office reply, til Monday! Anybody know who I should call to get it handled sooner?

Update. Called support. No way to do it but cancel and reorder which I did. Tried to scare me about possibly not getting it in time for new year. Estimate online says Dec.

Sending me in mail my 2500 deposit so that means I'll get more credit card points with my reorder :) which I did right away.

• Informative
Took delivery tonight Red/ Sport/ no EAP 117xxx with 10/18 build date

Paint and Fit and finish looks fantastic. Exceeds all expectations. I even got the model car with delivery!

Only issue I discovered after I got home was one of the trunk lights isn't working :mad:

Unfortunately, I get home and the charging cable isn't quite long enough from the outlet without pulling the cord tight. Looks like I'll need the extension solution for several hundred $'s:confused:

Glad I can finally get out of this forum. Good luck to the rest of you!
Outstanding! Although I predict you will not leave this thread because you will want to read about the other members finally taking delivery.

The trunk lights are definitely something you'll want to look into upgrading. It is hard to see that they are working at all! I upgraded my puddle lights (to the 3-bar logo) and trunk lights, but left the interior and glove box factory lights. They pop right out, and the replacements pop in, just minutes to do. You might try re-seating your defective one. Not much can go wrong with an LED so it may just be a loose connection.

Reactions: webdbbt
They didn't just claim we'd have it by 12/31. Everyone we spoke with literally "guaranteed" it. I even received an email stating that after we completed our order Monday night just before closing. I asked the finance manager what he meant by guarantee and he say "IT WILL HAPPEN".
Hope he's right because I want the $7500 tax credit

Ordered Black AWD with BLACK interior. Can't wait