Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, it finally happened and car was delivered. Only one minor paint issue on a mirror cap, but otherwise everything looked good.:)

It would be great to see some more pics of your car, I recently changed my order to the same config as yours and your car looks great but I am still unsure . the Blue seems to change colors depending on the daylight / clouds or the artificail light source big time.
Any pics you can post would be appreciated !

Reactions: austinmichaeld
To continue the thread of the recent price drops, the price of mine (configured in May, delivery scheduled 10/26, blue AWD, 19" wheels) also dropped by $1k plus taxes. I didn't call or do anything. So that's nice.

Newpricing.jpg

To continue the thread of the recent price drops, the price of mine (configured in May, delivery scheduled 10/26, blue AWD, 19" wheels) also dropped by $1k plus taxes. I didn't call or do anything. So that's nice.

View attachment 345870

Woah, I wonder if I could get this too. I configured June 30th with the same exact options (dual motor, etc.) as you + EAP, but just checked my account page and don't see a price adjustment. I'll call and ask about it tomorrow.

It would be great to see some more pics of your car, I recently changed my order to the same config as yours and your car looks great but I am still unsure . the Blue seems to change colors depending on the daylight / clouds or the artificail light source big time.
Any pics you can post would be appreciated !

I agree, the apparent color does shift a bit depending on lighting conditions and camera. I always thought the pictures of DBM looked a little on the purple side, but IRL, it is a dark blue. Here's a couple more.
IMG_20181020_172922.jpg IMG_20181020_172905.jpg IMG_20181020_140527-2.jpg

Thanks for the pics ! It looks great and I’m super hyped now. I happen to take a break from work today and went by the Tyco rd Tesla store just to see a blue 3 and what do you know I saw the exact same combo sitting out front I the sun.
It’s a great looking car in blue and white !
I’ll have to get used to keeping a darker color clean I’ve been spoiled with pearl white , silver and gray cars.
So easy to care for and keep clean.

Thanks for the pics ! It looks great and I’m super hyped now. I happen to take a break from work today and went by the Tyco rd Tesla store just to see a blue 3 and what do you know I saw the exact same combo sitting out front I the sun.
It’s a great looking car in blue and white !
I’ll have to get used to keeping a darker color clean I’ve been spoiled with pearl white , silver and gray cars.
So easy to care for and keep clean.

I hear that about cleaning. I have a pearl white Leaf (going up for sale soon), so it will be a pretty big change for sure.

To all those that are still waiting patiently for their Model 3's and haven't owned a Tesla before-- just a few thoughts after finally getting my car 10/20:

1) It is so obvious. and what I mean is that once you get used to it (and i"m still in that process!), it is so obvious that this car is ridiculously superior to anything i've driven before (caveat - I had driven mostly Acuras before, never really drove a car in this price range).

2) Autopilot / autosteer - is literally frightening. I was driving on the Saw Mill Parkway (north of NYC) which is a windy narrow 2-lane highway and I swear the first 5 minutes my heart rate was probably 150. But then you realize - this car is a better driver than I am. I'm not sure I'll ever trust it 100% on roads like that (no shoulder, divider is literally 3-5 feet from you), but on a regular highway - it is freaking fantastic -- especially in heavy traffic.

3) Everything about the car is effortless.

Hang in there everyone - it'll all be worth it.

Can you actually do that? I mean, use a referral code the day of or before your delivery? I was under the impression it had to be used at the time the order was placed.

I called the delivery center the day before delivery because I realized I was now eligible for the $100 supercharging credit. They said it wasn't a problem to apply it to my account, and to mention it when taking delivery.

On delivery day the guy signing papers hesitated and acted like they normally don't do that at delivery, it must be done when ordering. He checked with a manager though and said it would be applied to my account. I still don't know where it will show up, it doesn't show up in my account. I called back and they said they are so busy it could be a month before it is applied to my account...

So request it if you have a code. You may or may not get it, sometime in the near or distant future.

Reactions: fallen888
I called the delivery center the day before delivery because I realized I was now eligible for the $100 supercharging credit. They said it wasn't a problem to apply it to my account, and to mention it when taking delivery.

On delivery day the guy signing papers hesitated and acted like they normally don't do that at delivery, it must be done when ordering. He checked with a manager though and said it would be applied to my account. I still don't know where it will show up, it doesn't show up in my account. I called back and they said they are so busy it could be a month before it is applied to my account...

So request it if you have a code. You may or may not get it, sometime in the near or distant future.
That’s awesome. I take delivery saturday. Here is my referal code Tesla Supercharging Credit and Extended Solar Warranty can i get yours or somebody elses

Well the day is finally here. I called up Mt. Kisco to check if my car was in hoping i could pick it up today. He went and looked it up and said I was scheduled to pick up on the 31st. I proceeded to mention that someone had told me last week my car was due in on the 22nd and I would be able to pick up on the 23rd and he asked who I had talked to (not sure why this would matter). To make a long story short he said the car was there and I could pick it up today so i'm set for 6pm tonight and my account is updated to reflect that. Not sure how long the car was actually there but would they have actually waited until the 31st? Their scheduling is still all over the place so for everyone waiting i'd recommend calling your SC.