Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ordered LR AWD on 10/15. Called to change to white interior on 10/19. Told today by dealer that VIN was issued on 10/18 but then adjusted to the white interior. will have to wait and see when shows up and when. No call with the actual VIN but the dealer said it exists. Said delivery within 30 days.
We had called him about a random question and he informed us of the VIN.
Who usually reaches out to tell you a delivery date?
Sounds so quick compared to many others so cautiously optimistic.
I got a email/text from a delivery advisor of my pickup date.

@Braindrainer I was excited about the 1k drop until I looked at my account this morning. The price actually went up 1k from 59k to 60k. I'm scratching my head at that one. I believe what might have happened is the prices (for paint and such) that I was grandfathered into may have been knocked out by the price change?

I messaged my IDA about it...probably won't get it sorted until the purchase agreement is sent. :X

Same for me, but I noticed a $1,000 reduction earlier this week. Now it's back to the original price with no sign of this new reduction.

@Braindrainer I was excited about the 1k drop until I looked at my account this morning. The price actually went up 1k from 59k to 60k. I'm scratching my head at that one. I believe what might have happened is the prices (for paint and such) that I was grandfathered into may have been knocked out by the price change?

I messaged my IDA about it...probably won't get it sorted until the purchase agreement is sent. :X

I just got a note from IDA: "The price will be automatically adjusted and will reflect in the final amount of the vehicle once the contract is generated."

My account page shows that the price went back up, but the "Final" MVPA shows a "price adjustment" of $1000. Go figure, they want me to send an ACH transfer at the old/new/higher price. I called the LV number and of course, they said, the "delivery advisor" will get back to me. In other words, I'll probably have to hash it out on Friday at Mt. Kisco.

Configured - 10/13
VIN Assigned - 10/16
Local Tesla pinged car in Denver on 10/16
MVPA was available on portal - 10/17
Delivery Date of 11/1 given on 10/18
Bank check ready to give to Dealer on 10/19
Docusign Email MVPA on 10/22
VIN showed up on Portal on 10/22
Delivery Date updated from 11/1 to 10/26 on 10/23
...Didn't win the Mega Millions Lottery, so the payments must commence.

Date changed once again. 10/26 to 10/25 @ 10am. Picking up the car tomorrow morning!!!

Pushed for the Referral to be added to the car. No guarantee but we will find out tomorrow.

Reactions: fallen888
Dude, that’s crazy. If you aren’t doing so already, I would suggest calling the delivery hotline at the mothership every day and asking for someone to escalate your case. You and a few others must be the last pre-July orders left without a VIN and delivery scheduled. As always, I’ll recommend being polite (even though that’s difficult) and persistent. Good luck, I really hope they can get your order unstuck and moving quickly.

Oh, and on a completely different topic, this thread has finally reached one of my most favorite page numbers! :)
I agree I am an early reservation holder. I called last week they said they would talk to a supervisor. The next day my edit button was gone. I should have her by Monday.

@Braindrainer Mine actually responded and just told me the price was correct...I was able to show her that the discount was missing. I happened to have it open on a different computer that hadn't been refreshed. Will be interesting to see what the contract ends up being.

Just checked my delivery page and see that my price has indeed dropped by $1k! Great news for anyone else who ordered during $5-6k AWD pricing regime!

My edit button just went away this morning. Looks like us east coasters are getting some more cars. Had to fill out financing and trade-in details. Hopefully I'll get the VIN assigned and delivery date soon!

9/18 - Ordered/configured
Solid Black
AWD
Black interior
Aero Wheels
No software
Mt Kisco pickup

Has anyone had luck with Tesla financing matching your CU's auto rates?

My edit button just went away this morning. Looks like us east coasters are getting some more cars. Had to fill out financing and trade-in details. Hopefully I'll get the VIN assigned and delivery date soon!

9/18 - Ordered/configured
Solid Black
AWD
Black interior
Aero Wheels
No software
Mt Kisco pickup

Has anyone had luck with Tesla financing matching your CU's auto rates?

I used lightstream, it’s affiliated with Suntrust bank. They’ll beat any offer by .1% and it’s unsecured. They literally deposited the loan overnight in my bank account. Now I just need the car...

Went on my page today and noticed a SECOND price drop since the 15th. We saw a 1k drop 2 days after our order, and then another on this AM. Not to mention the $500 drop for the white interior. We were at 57700 when we first ordered and now at 55200. Not complaining but WOW

Wonder why all the changes. Has anyone seen any new news about this most recent drop?

Yeah I’m confused. Ordered 6/30. My price was/is:

M3 $35k
LR AWD $18k
Metallic silver $1k
Destination/doc $1k
Total $55k

That’s what it still shows on my account page.

The first page (entitled “Vehicle Configuration”) of my MVPA PDF shows the same thing. But the second page (entitled “Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement and Invoice”), which seems to me like it is the actual MVPA, additionally shows a $1k price adjustment, bringing the total down to $54k. What is up with that? Did the price of something go down since I ordered?

My guess is it’s a glitch. As I said the account page still shows my original price, and that’s the link I’d have to use to make my payment.

Wonder if this will be reconciled between now and my 11/19 delivery date. Or which amount I’ll have to actually pay via ACH that day.