Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I changed from a RW LR m3 to a P3 on September 11. Still no delivery date and calls to Tesla tell me the wait is 4-8 weeks. This is not consistent with order before Nov 30.

This is my 4th Tesla. Sorry . . . This is my fourth late Tesla with poor delivery analytics.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
AWD Secured :/

NQlVMFV.jpg

I was told today my car is scheduled to arrive on 11/19 (monday) but will need to be inspected and detailed before they will schedule my pickup/dropoff appointment. Anyone know how long from the time the car arrives until we can go pick it up usually?
I think Cherry Hill said my car arrived on 11/12 (that's the day they called) and wanted me to pick it up on 11/14 - so that timing seems right. Picking up my car tomorrow! Excited (but reviewing the pile of delivery checklists now!).

MSM AWD (LR non-P) black int, Aeros , EAP

7/28 ordered
8/13 rev for FSD
9/14 pinged for finance app (approved)
9/29 delivery fakeout fun
10/23 IDA scheduled delivery for 11/17 (and unofficial vin)
11/12 same VIN showed on website
11/17 <<t-minus 2 hours, I’ll keep you updated>>

(Also reserved on 3/31 but due to some BS I couldn’t use that to order the car...might try to sort that later)

Soooo, finally got my car.

I will note that Tesla never contacted me once. Not a single time. I only got this car due to my vigilance, and with some help of some connected folks here on the forums. That said, all is forgiven.

I've spent far too much time reading these forums and worrying over this and that. Tesla has made me neurotic.

But this car is amazing, and while there are a few minor imperfections, all-in-all, its damn near perfect.

AWD is a blast to drive. I'm almost afraid of the power. And I just sold my BMW 335d. That was a beast. But no comparison the the M3D.

Love this car!

Beautiful paint, no excessive wind or tire noise, no uneven panel gaps, phone as key works great, etc...

Thanks to everyone on the forums for all the commiserating, patience, and help along the way. I'm looking forward to trolling the M3 "modifications" forums now rather than the "waiting for delivery" forums. See you on the other side!

Soooo, finally got my car.

I will note that Tesla never contacted me once. Not a single time. I only got this car due to my vigilance, and with some help of some connected folks here on the forums. That said, all is forgiven.

I've spent far too much time reading these forums and worrying over this and that. Tesla has made me neurotic.

But this car is amazing, and while there are a few minor imperfections, all-in-all, its damn near perfect.

AWD is a blast to drive. I'm almost afraid of the power. And I just sold my BMW 335d. That was a beast. But no comparison the the M3D.

Love this car!

Beautiful paint, no excessive wind or tire noise, no uneven panel gaps, phone as key works great, etc...

Thanks to everyone on the forums for all the commiserating, patience, and help along the way. I'm looking forward to trolling the M3 "modifications" forums now rather than the "waiting for delivery" forums. See you on the other side!
Out of curiosity what do you mean when you say you only got the car due to your vigilance? I’ve not once been contacted by tesla other than a delivery date text. I’ve reached out to them a few times and have gotten things like my VIN, an earlier delivery date, and the ability to submit a price match offer for my trade in. None of which would have happened timely if not for my initiating the action. Anyways I’m told my car is expected on Monday but they need to detail and inspect it first. It seems to me that they are currently operating under the “squeaky wheel gets the oil” model. I have no problem being the squeaky wheel if it means I’ll get my model 3 faster. I’m also vehicle-less as I did a pre-trade to avoid an additional payment.

Out of curiosity what do you mean when you say you only got the car due to your vigilance? I’ve not once been contacted by tesla other than a delivery date text. I’ve reached out to them a few times and have gotten things like my VIN, an earlier delivery date, and the ability to submit a price match offer for my trade in. None of which would have happened timely if not for my initiating the action. Anyways I’m told my car is expected on Monday but they need to detail and inspect it first. It seems to me that they are currently operating under the “squeaky wheel gets the oil” model. I have no problem being the squeaky wheel if it means I’ll get my model 3 faster. I’m also vehicle-less as I did a pre-trade to avoid an additional payment.

My DA, McKenna, is absolute garbage and doesn't respond to anything but the OA I've worked with and the phone reps have been helpful.

Glad I'm not the only one. I received my delivery date text last Saturday and submitted my trade-in and financing info. Called Tesla Wednesday and was told my trade-in value was ready and my DA would be reaching out very soon with the trade-in amount and my VIN. Still nothing.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Very long story, but the short of it is that I reserved on 3/31/16, ordered AWD in May, and my order was lost. Called multiple times, went to the showroom, and always got "should be soon". As most others in my time frame took delivery, I vented on this forum and got in touch with someone who has contacts in tesla. Finally got someone the next day to jump on my order and find an inventory car to get me. but again only because I called them. Got a car transported from Florida. It was delayed and only moved along because I called Florida. Once here I only got a delivery date because I called them. Just a long and challenging saga. It should never have happened that way.

But, the car is truly amazing and I don't regret it a bit. I just hope tesla figures all thisnoutnor they will be out of business, soon.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: neroden and S5S5G6
I think Cherry Hill said my car arrived on 11/12 (that's the day they called) and wanted me to pick it up on 11/14 - so that timing seems right. Picking up my car tomorrow! Excited (but reviewing the pile of delivery checklists now!).

Nice, seamless delivery in Cherry Hill yesterday!
LR AWD 19s MSM/Black and White ordered 10/23
Delivered 11/17 in Cherry Hill!
Dual Motor Badge was on there! (112xxx)VIN

Awesome man! You’ll have to give us your impressions after you get some drive time in!

When I went into the Cherry Hill SC for my pre-trade on 11/9, I was told no Model 3s had shown up with the Dual Motor badge yet. So it’s aweosme to hear yours had one. Here’s hoping my AWD LR MSM 19s (all black interior - almost same as yours!) has a dual motor badge as well!

Looks like arrival at SC to pickup in Cherry Hill (where I’ll be picking up) is between 2-5 days. I was told they need to detail and inspect the car. My car is scheduled to arrive at the Cherry’s Hill SC tomorrow 11/19, according to my DA on Thursday. I’m going to call tomorrow and really push them for a Tuesday or Wednesday delivery. Thursday and Friday would be no-gos for obvious reasons and I’m not really looking forward to waiting another week! Here’s my convo with the DA as of Thursday.

A1B5B598-8386-4A0D-BF9F-B65E03D6FCBE.jpeg

Nice, seamless delivery in Cherry Hill yesterday!
LR AWD 19s MSM/Black and White ordered 10/23
Delivered 11/17 in Cherry Hill!
Dual Motor Badge was on there! (112xxx)VIN
glad to hear it went well.
Got mine, a 114xxx and have no badge lol.
I asked why the 112xxx on the lot had them but 114 didn’t, and got the answer that sometimes they have them and sometimes they don’t.
But if I wanted one they could put it on, just schedule an appt.
I don’t want a badge anyways so this worked out, but had to laugh. Glad they only consider badging optional.

• Funny
Reactions: SMAlset
MSM AWD (LR non-P) black int, Aeros , EAP

7/28 ordered
8/13 rev for FSD
9/14 pinged for finance app (approved)
9/29 delivery fakeout fun
10/23 IDA scheduled delivery for 11/17 (and unofficial vin)
11/12 same VIN showed on website
11/17 <<t-minus 2 hours, I’ll keep you updated>>

(Also reserved on 3/31 but due to some BS I couldn’t use that to order the car...might try to sort that later)

11/17 took delivery, other than a couple very minor clear scratches (minor..) and a weird noise from the rear rotor splash shield (Prep guy resolved), it’s all good. Manager gave me his contact and working with him on scratch stuff.

Worth the wait. :)

glad to hear it went well.
Got mine, a 114xxx and have no badge lol.
I asked why the 112xxx on the lot had them but 114 didn’t, and got the answer that sometimes they have them and sometimes they don’t.
But if I wanted one they could put it on, just schedule an appt.
I don’t want a badge anyways so this worked out, but had to laugh. Glad they only consider badging optional.

My VIN is 132xxx. How is it so far from the 112 and 114 of both of yours when it was ordered on 10/30 and is basically the same build (other than all black interior)?

Awesome man! You’ll have to give us your impressions after you get some drive time in!

When I went into the Cherry Hill SC for my pre-trade on 11/9, I was told no Model 3s had shown up with the Dual Motor badge yet. So it’s aweosme to hear yours had one. Here’s hoping my AWD LR MSM 19s (all black interior - almost same as yours!) has a dual motor badge as well!

Looks like arrival at SC to pickup in Cherry Hill (where I’ll be picking up) is between 2-5 days. I was told they need to detail and inspect the car. My car is scheduled to arrive at the Cherry’s Hill SC tomorrow 11/19, according to my DA on Thursday. I’m going to call tomorrow and really push them for a Tuesday or Wednesday delivery. Thursday and Friday would be no-gos for obvious reasons and I’m not really looking forward to waiting another week! Here’s my convo with the DA as of Thursday.

View attachment 353615
Nice- I'm sure it will be great! I drove about 30 miles yesterday and love it so far. Woke up this morning to my 30 day EAP free trial - excited to try that out over the holiday weekend (though part of me - my wallet - hopes that I don't like it TOO much!) . Julia was very prepared/professional and patiently waited for me inspect the car thoroughly - checklist in hand- before signing anything. I did have some very minor scratches that they're going to buff out but all panels and paint looked good. Good luck this week - maybe you'll get my former 10 am time slot on 11/21.

Reactions: SMAlset