Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice- I'm sure it will be great! I drove about 30 miles yesterday and love it so far. Woke up this morning to my 30 day EAP free trial - excited to try that out over the holiday weekend (though part of me - my wallet - hopes that I don't like it TOO much!) . Julia was very prepared/professional and patiently waited for me inspect the car thoroughly - checklist in hand- before signing anything. I did have some very minor scratches that they're going to buff out but all panels and paint looked good. Good luck this week - maybe you'll get my former 10 am time slot on 11/21.
Yeah Julia is actually who I’ve been texting with. She’s my DA. I’d be happy to get 10am on 11/21 and maybe I’ll request it if they give me a time/date after haha.

Decided to finish up install of my Wall Charger today. Came out nice and all is good!

6BC89D75-8E6C-4751-ACBA-9A8CB84326E3.jpeg
203B3A16-2364-4951-8D2F-25F499DC41D0.jpeg
5728EE2E-ECBC-419C-AC8E-D72A8C58B574.jpeg

Yeah Julia is actually who I’ve been texting with. She’s my DA. I’d be happy to get 10am on 11/21 and maybe I’ll request it if they give me a time/date after haha.

Decided to finish up install of my Wall Charger today. Came out nice and all is good!

View attachment 353768 View attachment 353769 View attachment 353770
Any particular reason you didn't just run the wires straight into the top hole vs your odd loop up through the bottom? That doesn't look up to code.

wall_charger.jpeg.jpg

Any particular reason you didn't just run the wires straight into the top hole vs your odd loop up through the bottom? That doesn't look up to code.

wall_charger.jpeg.jpg

Coming through the top would have been considerable more difficult to pull off, mainly because a stud blocked the entry point to the garage from the attic. The wall charger had to be off to the side so I could at least catch one stud on one side of the wall charger bracket. The 6-2 line is through conduit all the way to the wall charger other than the simple loop to come in the bottom. I’m considering options to get that last loop through conduit but it’s not dangerous as is. The line is secured and obstructed.

Update! Got my delivery pickup appointment today (called since I was told car would be coming in today). The car is currently at the Cherry Hill offsite holding lot (wherever that is...) and they said it will be ready for me to pickup on Wednesday at 1:30! The next couple of days are going to feel like an eternity!

Reactions: SMAlset
GateFather excited for you getting delivery set up before the holiday so you can enjoy it then. Hope all goes well and can't wait to hear about how it goes. I'm sure tomorrow can't come soon enough. :)
Thanks! Actually 2 days :( aka eternity haha. I did just receive an email from the Onsite Delivery Adviser and provided the remaining info they needed from me. I also mentioned that if there's an opportunity to move up my pickup appointment I would be happy to do so. Being without a vehicle for a bit has made me want the Model 3 even more! I asked if my car has a Dual Motor badge on it and whether I will receive a keyfob on pickup. I'll let everyone here know what she says!

• Informative
Reactions: more863-also
Thanks! Actually 2 days :( aka eternity haha. I did just receive an email from the Onsite Delivery Adviser and provided the remaining info they needed from me. I also mentioned that if there's an opportunity to move up my pickup appointment I would be happy to do so. Being without a vehicle for a bit has made me want the Model 3 even more! I asked if my car has a Dual Motor badge on it and whether I will receive a keyfob on pickup. I'll let everyone here know what she says!

I'm picking up mine tomorrow and I spoke to a friend that works in service and she went over and looked at my car and said it had the Dual Motor badging so hopefully yours will too!

Reactions: GateFather
I'm picking up mine tomorrow and I spoke to a friend that works in service and she went over and looked at my car and said it had the Dual Motor badging so hopefully yours will too!
Awesome to know! What’s your VIN series? I’m 132xxx. Someone had 112xxx and had the Dual motor badge and another person, I believe, had 114xxx and didn’t. Haven’t heard back from my email yet but they did enable my portal for final payment and I did it! Now we REALLY just play the waiting game. Good luck tomorrow. Let me know if you wanna switch spots ;)

Finally graduating from this thread. I’ve been trapped in here so long I don’t even recognize the user names.

Took delivery today. Car seems great. No paint issues. A couple very minor panel alignment issues. They added EAP for me at the last minute without changing any other pricing or charging a change fee. So it CAN be done. They also are supposedly adding a referral code per my request.

Overall, this delivery process (getting ghosted by Tesla for months, then teased, while stressing over tax credit) was the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced.

Reserved 8/3/17
Ordered 6/30/18
Delivered 11/19/18 (Tyson’s Corner Virginia)
Never changed order until adding EAP on delivery day.
M3 LR DM-AWD
Metallic silver (now discontinued)
Black interior
Aero wheels
EAP (not enabled yet)
Vin 114xxx
October 2018 build
Software version 2018.42.4
No dual motor badging

See you all in the other M3 subforums. And good luck to those still waiting.

So I took delivery almost a week ago. I'm in love! Delivery itself was smooth. Got there, waited for them to prep car and paperwork. I walked around car looking for major defects, then signed paperwork. They gave me a brief overview of the car and then I was free to go.

Anyone who's on the fence, you will not regret it. I hemmed and hawed for 4 months or so. So far, the car is amazing and I have zero concerns.

Reactions: GateFather
Awesome to know! What’s your VIN series? I’m 132xxx. Someone had 112xxx and had the Dual motor badge and another person, I believe, had 114xxx and didn’t. Haven’t heard back from my email yet but they did enable my portal for final payment and I did it! Now we REALLY just play the waiting game. Good luck tomorrow. Let me know if you wanna switch spots ;)
I took delivery on 11/16, VIN 132XXX, and it has the dual motor badge. I agree with the so many other posts, this car is awesome.

But, the car is truly amazing and I don't regret it a bit. I just hope tesla figures all thisnoutnor they will be out of business, soon.

I figure, given that Tesla is showing no signs of figuring any of this out, that Tesla will go out of business shortly after some other company is mass-producing decent electric cars.

I just can't figure out when that's going to be. :rolleyes:

Ordered 11/12.
AWD

Took delivery today, 11/19.

The car is amazing & with very few minor issues:

- very small scratches / swirls on paint
- trunk has small gap on left side with bumper/weatherstripping
- right taillight sees a little misaligned compared to left taillight

All in all, pretty happy with the condition it’s in & I do plan to call Tesla tomorrow to make an appt to fix the minor issues above

Attachments

• 2DE840B6-849E-4C67-9B59-0727A26B0A7A.jpeg
    2DE840B6-849E-4C67-9B59-0727A26B0A7A.jpeg
    543.4 KB · Views: 45
I took delivery on 11/16, VIN 132XXX, and it has the dual motor badge. I agree with the so many other posts, this car is awesome.
Still hoping mine will have a badge, but got this email last night from my advisor.

“You Model 3 does not have the Dual Motor Badge on it, as we are still awaiting our shipment of badges for the vehicles.
The model 3 do not come with the Key fobs at time of delivery they will be an additional $200.00 once the key fobs have been made, as of right now we only have the key cards and using your phone as the primary key for the vehicle.
As for moving forward I do know that you did pre-trade, unfortunately your car will be arrive tomorrow morning from out off-site lot that it just arrived at today, and would still need to go through inspection and detail. ”

I’m guessing that fact that she got the keyfob price wrong means she’s probably guessing on the badge since she hasn’t see the car yet....

I am curious - what happened day of for you? Could you tell us the story?

Day of with schedules shifted I was called in the morning. Car not ready, showing a service alert. I reach out a few days later and express concern that the new car has a service alert and what’s going on. Told only software, car will be ready, should hear from the manager that night.

Nothing...... and again few more days pass.....nothing.....then told car has more issues than originally thought. Car was swapped, but I now need to close Loan #1 and start over as the loan and check are tied to the VIN.

Told them to change and go ahead and give me AWD instead of RWD.... still nothing, I don’t even bother anymore as they never respond to the numerous emails regarding certain things so I just send off the message and wait. Ball is in their court.

I’m not freaking out as I didn’t get rid of a car to go pick up this one so I’m just waiting see what comes. The change to AWD will make me happier in the long run. If I never get the Tesla ..... so be it, if the market keeps tanking and we have signs of a serious slowdown in the next few weeks all the better....the $2500 is a nice option on taking the plunge or not.