Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would love to see an AWD MS soon, but just remember that aliasing of the spoke motion with the video frame rate can create all sorts of apparent wheel spin, either direction... :confused:

Due to this effect, it looks like the rear wheel is spinning backwards slowly. I suspect the rear wheal is actually spinning forward a lot faster than the front wheel, which is normal for a drifting rear wheel drive car.

I *think* the front wheels are ejecting snow towards the rear. That will only occur if the front wheels are rotating faster than if they were simply rolling, and indicates powered front wheels.

But it isn't entirely easy to tell, because the snow needs to be moving towards the rear relative to the ground, while it will be moving towards the rear relative to the car, regardless of whether the front wheels are powered. If someone could go through it frame by frame and try to look at the movements of the snow particles, I'm sure we would have our answer.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVeOANaNJnw

Seems like a regular event in Åre, Sweden on February 19th.

I *think* the front wheels are ejecting snow towards the rear. That will only occur if the front wheels are rotating faster than if they were simply rolling, and indicates powered front wheels.

But it isn't entirely easy to tell, because the snow needs to be moving towards the rear relative to the ground, while it will be moving towards the rear relative to the car, regardless of whether the front wheels are powered. If someone could go through it frame by frame and try to look at the movements of the snow particles, I'm sure we would have our answer.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVeOANaNJnw

Seems like a regular event in Åre, Sweden on February 19th.

Looks like you just disproved the AWD theory. The clips here are the same as those in the Tesla tweet. Notice the Roadster has the same snow spray off the front tires....