Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Power increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR AWD here (VIN 115xxx), still on 2019.5.15.

Do folks think VIN plays a part in software update rollout? Do earlier VINs get them sooner?
Doubt it. I’ve been among the first to get a new update (when it hits wide release, of course), and sometimes I’ve been one of the later ones (as is the case for this one). I wouldn’t worry about it. The update will come when it comes. If it’s a couple months down the line and you’re a couple of updates behind, then maybe worry but for now it really isn’t that important. A 5% bump in power is nice, but it doesn’t really have any real world importance ultimately.

Reactions: Colgate2004
Doubt it. I’ve been among the first to get a new update (when it hits wide release, of course), and sometimes I’ve been one of the later ones (as is the case for this one). I wouldn’t worry about it. The update will come when it comes. If it’s a couple months down the line and you’re a couple of updates behind, then maybe worry but for now it really isn’t that important. A 5% bump in power is nice, but it doesn’t really have any real world importance ultimately.

Agreed. We have a RWD VIN 016xxx and AWD 056xxx and both are still on 5.15. The AWD received 5.15 a week before the RWD. It feels random.

Reactions: Colgate2004