Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

marcn

Jul 2, 2018
Kelowna, BC
I got my email on Friday, but no updates since. I have no idea when I'm getting my car. Surprised that they told you end of this week.

The specific wording was: "Your Model 3 should be arriving at the end of this week. Once I confirm a few things I will be able to schedule you a tentative delivery date and time!"

Reactions: Canuck

Chris Fox

Oct 8, 2016
US
Im from Vancouver. I got an email on Friday and was told to expect delivery in 5 to 20 business days.

Vin: 108***
Model: White AWD performance with performance upgrade and white interior
Reserved: March 31st 2016
Ordered: June 26th 2018 about 10 minutes after AWD was released for Canadian reservation holders. I think around 5:10pm. I also never changed my order or called in as I figured they were busy enough

Funkmobile

Apr 5, 2018
Vancouver
Im from Vancouver. I got an email on Friday and was told to expect delivery in 5 to 20 business days.

Ordered: June 26th 2018 about 10 minutes after AWD was released for Canadian reservation holders. I think around 5:10pm. I also never changed my order or called in as I figured they were busy enough

I guess I feel lucky because I reserved March 31st, ordered on the morning of June 27th yet I'm getting mine tomorrow. You and me have the exact same config and VIN range as well.

rainforest

Aug 21, 2016
Canada

Same with me. How did you get your VIN? I still have no word on my delivery date though.

palon

Jul 20, 2018
Vancouver, BC
I am feeling like the red headed stepchild. I am a line waiter, June 27/18 configuration, red AWD, 19's. All cash and Vancouver pickup. But...crickets?

Although I have a VIN and DA assigned, it's also been crickets for me. I had to call the 1-888 number to find out a VIN and DA has already been assigned. I still have had no contact from Tesla, not phone, e-mail, or anything. I'm also all cash.

rounderjd

Aug 1, 2018
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
EAP. No FSD

Interesting. Unless things are truly random, the only plausible explanations for \why my order seems to be generating more activity than yours are: (1) the red paint, (2) the 19" wheels, or (3) your lack of FSD.

*Edit: or... (4), Tesla is being strategic about where the vehicles will actually be driven/seen by others, and is making some interesting assumptions about WOM value in Cobble Hill vs. Abbotsford.

islander98

Aug 11, 2018
Cobble Hill
Possibly. But that would be short sighted. There are a large number of Model s and X in the Cowichan Valley and a bunch of RWD 3's are appearing. Plus, I am in Victoria at least 4 times per week. Maybe I need to promise them that I will show the car off in Victoria?

• Funny
Reactions: jkirkwood001

marcn

Jul 2, 2018
Kelowna, BC
More emails from my IDA today - we set up a delivery date and I got my VIN! Delivery date was any time after Sept. 13 but scheduling-wise, Sept. 20 worked better so that's what I picked. Delivery will be at the Service Centre at Powell and Commercial Drive. Of course, this could change if there are any delays at the border, etc.

Reactions: palon and rounderjd

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC