Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I agree that reservation date should have some impact on how quickly you get the car, don't forget that only people with reservations could order the car from March until late June. So your (refundable) $1000 bought you the ability to place an order before everyone else. You chose not to. Also, there are folks on this forum that are still waiting for their orders placed in May.

I didn’t choose not to. I placed my reservation 2.5 years ago with the intent of getting an AWD car. I wasn’t going to change that simply because Tesla only offered RWD at first. Then all of a sudden they open up AWD orders in June and ANYONE can order, without priority to those who gave them a free loan years ago. All I’m saying is next time I won’t bother camping outside in freezing weather to put cash down.

Also, it may be “refundable”, but my friend cancelled his reservation 5 months ago and still hasn’t been reimbursed....

• Funny
Reactions: adaptabl
MTL_HABS, I confirm my order the 26 of june. Of course if you wait at the 28, you have skip some place I think, so for all the people I know have confirmed on the 26 or order a PAWD.

In my books that’s not cool. I camped outside for 2 days and because I was out of town the day they opened orders for AWD and didn’t have access to a computer, people way behind me pass in front of me? Anyway I’ve learned my lesson. I won’t bother next time.

I placed my deposit Oct 2016, configured July 9, changed to white interior July 23. Current X owner. I was surprised how fast the car came. They told me it was built already and sitting in Lathrop California (never heard of that place).

Oh man.. I placed my AWD, non P order only this July, guess i'll have LONG LONG wait. est delivery said Sept 16 - Nov 16