Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already posted about my RWD test drive in the confirmed order thread. Just wanted to jump in here - the Lawrence rep that I had the test drive with stated there will be a big push at the end of September at the International Centre. It is supposed to contain RWD, AWD and P-AWDs. SO he says. I hope many on here are lucky enough to be in that wave!

• Informative
Reactions: pcons
When did you Order? Did you get notified or just happened to notice it?
Reserved April 1, 2016, non-owner. Configured June 26 this year, then changed to white seats when those came out. Delivery tentatively scheduled for September 15th in Calgary assuming the car arrives by then. Apparently it's already on it's way.

Didn't get notified, just happened to notice in one of many F5's that day. Didn't even get an email when AWD orders opened up, don't know why that is.

Reserved April 1, 2016, non-owner. Configured June 26 this year, then changed to white seats when those came out. Delivery tentatively scheduled for September 15th in Calgary assuming the car arrives by then. Apparently it's already on it's way.

Didn't get notified, just happened to notice in one of many F5's that day. Didn't even get an email when AWD orders opened up, don't know why that is.

I'm happy for you, but disappointed that as an existing Model X owner who ordered same config as you, I still haven't had any movement on my order.

Reactions: spurs10
Did you change your order to White interior by email or did you still have an edit button? Has your account been updated to reflect the change and now shows white interior or does it still show black?
I changed online, so shows white interior, edit button still there. I did ask my previous owner advisor on Aug15 about free Internet connectivity, he said everything is fine on my account, do not worry. Hope he is right ...

Well I know people who never put in a $1000 reservation yet ordered a few days before me in June and they already got their “edit button” removed (for AWD). So to me it seems like the initial reservation date doesn’t mean much anymore. So when Model Y comes around I’ll just wait until they open up the configurator.

That’s what I was told by store employee

Well I know people who never put in a $1000 reservation yet ordered a few days before me in June and they already got their “edit button” removed (for AWD). So to me it seems like the initial reservation date doesn’t mean much anymore. So when Model Y comes around I’ll just wait until they open up the configurator.

While I agree that reservation date should have some impact on how quickly you get the car, don't forget that only people with reservations could order the car from March until late June. So your (refundable) $1000 bought you the ability to place an order before everyone else. You chose not to. Also, there are folks on this forum that are still waiting for their orders placed in May.

Reactions: sitter_k