Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bach hatch fills with water

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 S. Not sure when it started, but I have had rear hatch full of water after hard rain.
Tonight a have had it. It was full when I raised it. I called Fremont and asked the lady to look up TSB. She refused to do it. She said they could not see TBS. That is hog wash. She said I had to take it to "Your SC". I told her I don't have SC, I am thousand miles from my home. Has anyone has this problem?
And, has anyone had the helpdesk refuse to look up tech serve bulletin?

I have a 2013 S. Not sure when it started, but I have had rear hatch full of water after hard rain.
Tonight a have had it. It was full when I raised it. I called Fremont and asked the lady to look up TSB. She refused to do it. She said they could not see TBS. That is hog wash. She said I had to take it to "Your SC". I told her I don't have SC, I am thousand miles from my home. Has anyone has this problem?
And, has anyone had the helpdesk refuse to look up tech serve bulletin?

I looked, no drains. Got light and looked at Hinges, they seem fine.
I see 2 choices, drill drain holes, and RTV the back widow.
There was still water in there this am, so we know there are no drains.
Thank you for knowing and sending me the tech service bulletin

I've had this problem as well. Seems the tailights also leak water. There's some kind of seal over the tailights that needs to be replaced, or the tailights themselves must be replaced. As a result of the rear-gender I experience two months ago mine will be replaced as part of their repair process.

I had this problem with my 2013 S, although it appeared very early, and was fixed by the SC.

I don't remember exactly what they did, but it required two visits to get it right (back in 2013). No recurrence since, and I do not believe it was related to the "fog in taillights" issue.