Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backdoor URL Edit Design == "Edit" Button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
NH
So my understanding is that if you do cash you may never see an "Edit" (to later disappear), which has been my situation.

So I have tweaked my configuration via the backdoor Edit Design URL which has worked fine.

But, does the ability to use or even show the "Edit Design" page through the back door disappear at the same time the "Edit" button would have normally disappeared?

I'm concerned I could be further along in the process and made things worse by using the back door because I have no "early progress indicator" of an "Edit" button disappearing.

It sure is confusing why "Edit" doesn't exist for Cash orders. You'd think it would be the reverse because loans might be applied for or started based on a certain price and config change could change the needed amount for the loan. If it's a cash agreement why hide the button? Or is it perhaps because they feel a "cash" deal could go through quicker and don't want users changing the config while they could potentially be working on match up that could go through at "any time".

Too much time to think about this stuff, I know :) I feel your pain for folks that have waited for so much longer than I have.

When the backdoor edit design URL stops working, its equivalent to the edit button disappearing. I can confirm that from my own experience as I monitored by ability to get to that URL daily for a few weeks. I got a call to schedule delivery 4 days after the URL stopped working (it would route me back to the My Tesla page).

Reactions: mswlogo
Word of warning, I couldn’t get to the URL for some time today, but now I can again. I assume it was under some internal maintenance so it rerouted me back to my account temporarily. Elon hates me. They are just messing with my fragile psyche from 2.5 years of waiting.

Word of warning, I couldn’t get to the URL for some time today, but now I can again. I assume it was under some internal maintenance so it rerouted me back to my account temporarily. Elon hates me. They are just messing with my fragile psyche from 2.5 years of waiting.

Not sure it was the same thing, but I've had that happen a few times and was excited the first time.
It seems the credentials seem to timeout or something. I get rerouted and just login, then use the backdoor bookmark and it works again.

Not sure it was the same thing, but I've had that happen a few times and was excited the first time.
It seems the credentials seem to timeout or something. I get rerouted and just login, then use the backdoor bookmark and it works again.
Thanks for the info, but this was different cause I tested that as well at the time thinking that was all it was.

sorry, this is probably a stupid question but what is the edit design url? i haven't had an edit button for a week or so (since i removed my trade in), and assumed that meant i was moving along. sounds like i'm not?

h_t_t_p_s://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXX

Replace your RN number with the RNXXXXX above and then use that URL.

I hacked the https above so this forum would not replace it with a "pretty link".

My backdoor just stopped working. I ordered Aug 28, but I changed it to Performance a week ago (partly to speed things up).
I have had the backdoor edit fail a couple times, but I just close browser, re-login etc. and it has always started to work again.
It won't work on the phone or desktop this time.

Could it be early signs of life?

I have a P3D- in MSM and black interior configured.