Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery drain data - average 6 RM per day (energy savings off)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was recently gone for about 2 weeks and collected the below data on lost range while my car sat untouched in our garage. Energy saving was set to off and 'always connected' to on. Range mode was on, if that matters.

Net result was that I lost an average of 6 RM per day. Miles lost correlated with temperature, as expected. Note the 'rate of range loss' is a bit noisy as some days had more than one data point.

Just thought I'd post this for anyone interested.

Data 1.jpg

Data 2.jpg

Thanks for the analysis. Your longer-term results are fairly consistent with my much simpler week-long test of Energy Savings / Always Connected setting combinations (reported in another thread).

I personally prefer keeping Energy Savings ON and Always Connected ON -- which drains only 1-2 miles/day in my 90D, opposed to 6-8 in my more moderate SoCal climate this past Fall, and up to 10/day it appears in your sampling on the coldest days -- yikes. Unlike some more impatient owners ;), I'm not inconvenienced with the very few second delay sometimes waiting for my MS to start-up upon entry for first drive of the day; I still can connect to my MS via the Tesla App within seconds, and I don't have to worry should I forget to manually change the Energy setting to ON, and leave my MS parked and unplugged for several weeks some day (like happened to me more than once when I was traveling on business, expecting I'd be gone for a couple weeks, and ended-up being out-of-town for more than a month - that would not have been fun returning to an airport parking garage late one night.)

Thank you for sharing.

I personally noticed that keeping always connected on made a huge difference. Went from 4RM/night to 1-2RM/night with similar temperatures at night.

I do have poor reception at that location so I wonder if that would have an impact, I know it does on phones.

Thanks - I acutally didn't realize one could have energy savings ON and also always connected ON. I assumed (not sure why) that if I set energy savings to OFF that always connected would have to be OFF. I now have my car set to energy savings ON and always connected ON. I've yet to see a delay in startup time, but I'll see if that holds over the next few days/weeks.
Thanks!
Thanks for the analysis. Your longer-term results are fairly consistent with my much simpler week-long test of Energy Savings / Always Connected setting combinations (reported in another thread).

I personally prefer keeping Energy Savings ON and Always Connected ON -- which drains only 1-2 miles/day in my 90D, opposed to 6-8 in my more moderate SoCal climate this past Fall, and up to 10/day it appears in your sampling on the coldest days -- yikes. Unlike some more impatient owners ;), I'm not inconvenienced with the very few second delay sometimes waiting for my MS to start-up upon entry for first drive of the day; I still can connect to my MS via the Tesla App within seconds, and I don't have to worry should I forget to manually change the Energy setting to ON, and leave my MS parked and unplugged for several weeks some day (like happened to me more than once when I was traveling on business, expecting I'd be gone for a couple weeks, and ended-up being out-of-town for more than a month - that would not have been fun returning to an airport parking garage late one night.)