Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Drain Overnight.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just removed Home location and re-added the Wifi connection, so will see how that gets on.

Strangely, I have not been offered any software updates since 2020.48.35.5, whereas many folks seem to be getting multiple updates recently. Coincidental?

I've just removed Home location and re-added the Wifi connection, so will see how that gets on.

Strangely, I have not been offered any software updates since 2020.48.35.5, whereas many folks seem to be getting multiple updates recently. Coincidental?
I've marked another location as home so I'll see how that goes. Will be using the car over the next couple of days, but should be unused over the weekend.

Yeh, I've not been offered any updates either. Bit of a tough choice though. Stay on the version that drains the battery overnight or move to the version that doesn't allow public DC charging :)

Yeh, I've not been offered any updates either. Bit of a tough choice though. Stay on the version that drains the battery overnight or move to the version that doesn't allow public DC charging :)

As of now approximately 40% of people in the Teslafi fleet have one of the 2021 versions ... you guys are part of the 60% majority ... seems you're not as special as you think! ;)

I've marked another location as home so I'll see how that goes. Will be using the car over the next couple of days, but should be unused over the weekend.

I took the car out for a drive to "reset" the current location, and since coming back home it's been sat falling asleep for 2hrs 57 minutes.... This thing is driving me insane!!!

I would normally have had the 2021.4.4 update by now but glad I didn't because I see people having issues with chargers.

The past two days are showing increasing numbers getting 2021.4.6 so hopefully that has added less critical bugs & we'll go staright to that.

My car went to sleep at 4pm today and woke at around 8pm - and the app then said there was an update available! I ignored that message and it went back to sleep after 30 mins.

I wonder what sleep pattern we'll get tonight.

I would normally have had the 2021.4.4 update by now but glad I didn't because I see people having issues with chargers.

The past two days are showing increasing numbers getting 2021.4.6 so hopefully that has added less critical bugs & we'll go staright to that.

Here's hoping!

My car went to sleep at 4pm today and woke at around 8pm - and the app then said there was an update available! I ignored that message and it went back to sleep after 30 mins.

I wonder what sleep pattern we'll get tonight.

I got the update notification about 21:00 last night and decided to install it (2021.4.6), and initially it seemed to make no difference as the car stayed awake for 2 hours after the update had completed, but it's now been asleep for 11hrs 11mins since then, so fingers crossed....

Reactions: Medved_77
Maybe my upgrade has resolved your issues ;-)

Hurrah for Quantum Physics!
Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 11.09.57.png

I changed the home position between the two small drives on the far left. Not touched the car since. I'm sure I've had a couple of days of sleep before, but will try to avoid using it over the weekend to see how it fairs.

Any chance you can buy the performance boost? :)

Hurrah for Quantum Physics!
View attachment 638243

I changed the home position between the two small drives on the far left. Not touched the car since. I'm sure I've had a couple of days of sleep before, but will try to avoid using it over the weekend to see how it fairs.

Any chance you can buy the performance boost? :)

If I've sorted out your sleeping issues I think it's only fair that you stump up for the accelleration boost ;-)

As a reference here's mine over the last couple of days (currently asleep for 22hrs 1 min)....

Last2Days.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: init6
Glad I don’t have any means to see what’s happening, These monitoring apps seem to cause stress!

I only plug in when a charge is needed (ie rarely this winter). Battery level is greyed out while the Tesla app wakes & when everything goes green, almost every time the difference is 1% & a few days ago not even that. The exception was the few freezing nights where I did see 2% most times & once 3%.

Reactions: Alistairuk
Morning of 17th, and updated late night on 18th - it had made no difference in that interim period.

Currently asleep for 11 hours, but that's after a 6 hours falling asleep!! Argh!!!!

Mine has been asleep for almost 2 days. 10 mins online before that and 15 hours asleep before that. Did take 4 hours to fall asleep the first time though. Only thing I have changed is my home location now points to my local public charger. Assuming it stays asleep all weekend I'll put the location back and see what difference that makes.

Glad I don’t have any means to see what’s happening, These monitoring apps seem to cause stress!
once 3%.

You'd soon change your tune if you had 4% battery drain every night, hence the title of this thread :)

Mine has been asleep for almost 2 days. 10 mins online before that and 15 hours asleep before that. Did take 4 hours to fall asleep the first time though. Only thing I have changed is my home location now points to my local public charger. Assuming it stays asleep all weekend I'll put the location back and see what difference that makes.

You'd soon change your tune if you had 4% battery drain every night, hence the title of this thread :)

Looks like we may have some divergence in our cycles ;-)

Mine is now doing a different pattern that it has never done before - it has 6 hours online, then 24 hours asleep, then 6 hours online and now 5hrs 48 mins asleep, so effectively a 24 hour / 6 hour oscillation!

Will be interesting to see if that home location makes any difference for you, as I've currently not got home set at all.

Last2Days.JPG

Mine seems to be behaving itself too - I believe it's down to changing the home location. Initially I'd removed home but that made no difference (it was still doing the 6 hours online, 24 hours asleep oscillation), but when I went to Tesco on Monday evening I set the car park there as home, and once it slept from the drive home (took one hour to go to sleep) it has only woken for 15 minutes late yesterday evening (after 24 hours asleep) and then went back to sleep quickly and has remained that way ever since (currently 13 hrs 23 mins asleep). Will see what happens overnight tonight in case it's a one-off, but encouraging in any case, and looks to be consistent with what you are seeing init6. What it was tryign to do when it believed it was at home is another good question!!

Last2Days.JPG

I don't want to burst your bubble, but I've had 1 6 hour falling asleep episode and it's currently online too.
To be fair though it slept for 3 whole days without waking up, 5 days if you include the <30 minute wake ups. So much better than before.

Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 11.10.49.png

Ignore the wake/asleep cycles straight after the rightmost drive. I was washing the car at the time.