Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Drain Overnight.

init6

Oct 16, 2020
Scotland
I noticed that my car is doing the same. Between Monday to Friday the car is awake from 1:30 till around 5:15.
I am on octopus go faster 8:30-1:30 and during this time time the car is charging on daily basis. Usually charges for the duration and then stays awake till 5:15 and then goes to sleep.
During the weekend when the car is not charging it sleeps like a baby. Last weekend was on sleep for almost 48 hours. Also during the day it sleeps fine while is sitting parked at work.
Initially I though the problem lied with having on schedule although deactivated the preconditioning and the off peak hours that were set starting at 1:00 based on my previous tariff. Removed all these; made no difference whatsover.
Even more bizarre the fact that although the car is awake for almost 4 hours no loss of charge is recorded from either the car or teslafi..
That's interesting. In the 4.11 thread there is mention of charging behaviour changing.

init6

Oct 16, 2020
Scotland
Updated my car to 4.11 today - still to do the post-install reboot though - and noticed it falling asleep for 1h 11mins. Went into the Tesla app and straight back out again and the car fell asleep within 15 minutes. Coincidence? Will do more testing.

Blokie

2021 M3LR
Nov 7, 2020
UK
Updated my car to 4.11 today - still to do the post-install reboot though - and noticed it falling asleep for 1h 11mins. Went into the Tesla app and straight back out again and the car fell asleep within 15 minutes. Coincidence? Will do more testing.

Will be interesting to see if that is consistent behaviour. Mine has been used quite a bit recently, and was at Tesla all day yesterday for some warranty work, so it's not had a chance to "rest" to see how it behaves when sitting on the drive for a few days!

Last2Days.JPG

Rustybkts

Feb 8, 2020
Leicestershire
I have noted vampire drain on my one year old car but never looked closely at my TeslaMate logs.

The car has never gone to sleep since I started logging! SentryMode is disabled at home and showing off on the App.

Any ideas?

Battery drain.png

Last edited:

Blokie

2021 M3LR
Nov 7, 2020
UK
I have noted vampire drain on my one year old car but never looked closely at my TeslaMate logs.

The car has never gone to sleep since I started logging! SentryMode is disabled at home and showing off on the App.

Any ideas?

View attachment 643759

There must be something (or things) keeping it awake - looking at all of thise short charges it might be your charging software doing it. I'd suggest a password change and only re-add Teslamate and the phone app and see what it does for a couple of days.

Reactions: navguy12

init6

Oct 16, 2020
Scotland
There must be something (or things) keeping it awake - looking at all of thise short charges it might be your charging software doing it. I'd suggest a password change and only re-add Teslamate and the phone app and see what it does for a couple of days.
^This to start with anyway. You don't have the apple watch app by any chance? ISTR there was a problem with one of them that kept cars awake. But as Blokie says changing password will log everything off until you add them back in.

init6

Oct 16, 2020
Scotland
Just had another thought. Are you using the Streaming API option on Teslamate? Can't recall if that's the default or not, but you should use it.
Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 12.32.21.png

Rustybkts

Feb 8, 2020
Leicestershire
Streaming API is enabled. The vampire drain has always been there and to be honest I thought it was normal for the car.

Have booked a service visit. Last month all the visualisation and cameras etc were off although sorted itself a few days after booking a service visit. They may have sorted it remotely.
Hope it can be sorted again as I am losing around 2kWh per day!

Blokie

2021 M3LR
Nov 7, 2020
UK
Streaming API is enabled. The vampire drain has always been there and to be honest I thought it was normal for the car.

Have booked a service visit. Last month all the visualisation and cameras etc were off although sorted itself a few days after booking a service visit. They may have sorted it remotely.
Hope it can be sorted again as I am losing around 2kWh per day!
First thing Tesla will tell you to do it to change the password and blame 3rd party apps, so if you do that in advance so you can prove that's not the issue you'll have a much better chance of success.

Reactions: navguy12

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC