Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery dropped 4% in 2 hrs while its parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello
MYP 2022
Since yesterday I realized the battery from 70% dropped to 60% in 9 hrs while its parked, and today it went from 67% to 63% in 2 hrs (parked)
Sentry mode is OFF
Should I turn of the cabin overheat protection off? it seems something is not right.
any idea?

Thanks

Basically this.

Also keep in mind, every time you open the Tesla app, you're waking the car. I enjoy using Tessie because I can check on stats, without waking the car.

Reactions: lolsups
Hello. Something concerning happened where I could use some guidance.

After a road trip of about 360 miles, I used a super charger to top up to 80% at approximately 9pm and was at 79% when I got home. When I left the house around 1pm, it was at 70%. The Tesla app says that it used 5.8% on Sentry but it doesn’t make sense based on the drop. Also, this picture that I took shows a large drop and it says only dropped to 74% so the Sentry app usage explanation could be off? I’m wondering what might have caused a large 10 % drop for sitting for a little over 1/2 a day? Even sentry seems like it wouldn’t have been this much. Thanks all and happy thanksgiving!

Attachments

• IMG_1808.jpeg
    IMG_1808.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 39
There is a problem that's been seen on the M3 where a bad restraint control module (RCM) can cause excessive battery drain.

There is a problem that's been seen on the M3 where a bad restraint control module (RCM) can cause excessive battery drain.

Model 3 RWD has a different battery tech than a MYP. Could be totally unrelated. I have left my 2022 MYP at an airport for a whole week with almost no loss of battery percentage. Sentry Mode is the biggest sucker of power, followed next by Cabin Overheat protection. Turn them off and try not to connect to your car using the app and I find I get almost no loss.

Model 3 RWD has a different battery tech than a MYP. Could be totally unrelated. I have left my 2022 MYP at an airport for a whole week with almost no loss of battery percentage. Sentry Mode is the biggest sucker of power, followed next by Cabin Overheat protection. Turn them off and try not to connect to your car using the app and I find I get almost no loss.
The issue that was found had nothing to do with the battery.