Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery flat [ran battery down and not charging at supercharger]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear all
Nice to be here with all you lovely peeps.
just got my Tesla model 3 last week. My wife ran out of the battery flat. By the time the recovery arrived the 12V battery also went flat. Towed finally to the Tesla supercharger. But battery is taking a looooong time to be charged! Had to abandon the car at the charging pot as it was too late in the night. Do anyone knows how much time it takes to recharge the battery? Thanks in advance.

...Tesla supercharger. But battery is taking a looooong time to be charged!...

I don't know in your case but here is my thought:

In cold weather, and since your battery is cold prior to the Supercharge (not pre-warmed as indicated by the car's screen), the initial start of the Supercharge might be very slow. Too slow that some thought the Supercharger is broken but it's not. So my guess it would not be less than 1 hour.

I don't know in your case but here is my thought:

In cold weather, and since your battery is cold prior to the Supercharge (not pre-warmed as indicated by the car's screen), the initial start of the Supercharge might be very slow. Too slow that some thought the Supercharger is broken but it's not. So my guess it would not be less than 1 hour.
Thanks a lot Tam for prompt reply. It was taking more time than an hour. And still the screen was not lit to do any controls. And to make things worse, since it was still new my phone was not connected too.