Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery pack replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MX delivery was scheduled for last week, I got so excited and took a day off to go down to Cleveland to get the car. Then I got a call from my DS the day before saying that there is a "recall" they have to do before the delivery. He described something wrong with the battery that affected few Model X cars and they have to replace the battery pack! My brand new car has been sitting in Cleveland for a week now and I don't have a delivery time scheduled yet:( Has anyone had a similar problem?

I don't think they're making any changes. Same thing has happened to me and one other person so this makes three. Must be a bad batch of batteries. They are replacing mine with a new inventory vehicle.

Interestingly it seems they deleted the thread on the tesla forum.

I thought I'm getting a brand new car with the latest and greatest of everything.

You are but it doesn't last for long. Tesla makes changes at any time so the one that rolls off the line after yours could have something new or different. If there's an issue with the battery that requires recall or improvement, they may be changing your battery for the new ones.

The cause is not clear though my DS suggested it may be due to risk of leakage from the battery cooling system. The cure is a replacement of the entire battery pack. The replacement battery pack for my car is supposed to arrive at the service center this week. Since Tesla is only operating a makeshift service center in Dubai at the moment it could take some time for them to complete the swap.

• Informative
Reactions: Jays200
[QUOTE="Halcyon, post: 2091381, member: 48036"They are replacing mine with a new inventory vehicle.[/QUOTE]

I think I misunderstood your post. It sounded like you were getting a replacement new vehicle but I think you meant you were getting just the battery from a new inventory vehicle.

Oh woops. Thought I h
[QUOTE="Halcyon, post: 2091381, member: 48036"They are replacing mine with a new inventory vehicle.

I think I misunderstood your post. It sounded like you were getting a replacement new vehicle but I think you meant you were getting just the battery from a new inventory vehicle.[/QUOTE]
Woops - posted that update in another thread, but the inventory vehicle they were going to replace it with also needed a battery replacement, so I just kept my existing vehicle order and had that battery replaced.

• Informative
Reactions: Jays200