Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Range after year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I over 5 1/2 years and 116,000 miles and still at 94% of new. I charged to 90% for the first 5 years and now dropped to 80% per current recommendations. I take about 8 long trips a year and always charge to 100% for those trips. So not babied, but I also try not to abuse either.

1700310032317.png

2023 MYLR picked up Nov 4, 2022 with 6.4k miles on it. Current range at 100% is 329 miles (just did a max charge yesterday for the Thanksgiving drive to family). Not really babied, but only 12% SC, rest is lvl2 home charging that I have set to 50% since I have a really short commute 1-2x per week.

Reactions: E90alex
2023 MYLR picked up Nov 4, 2022 with 6.4k miles on it. Current range at 100% is 329 miles (just did a max charge yesterday for the Thanksgiving drive to family). Not really babied, but only 12% SC, rest is lvl2 home charging that I have set to 50% since I have a really short commute 1-2x per week.
That's amazing! Did it dip lower in between? Mine is at 320-322 miles, treated kind of like yours. 5% SC, almost never charged to more than 50%.

I came to this thread because I've noticed that my % consumed is generally higher than the car's prediction - when I check the power consumption page in car, it is showing 3-4% higher consumption than predicted and it is all from driving. I drive under chill mode and will see if i granny it, it will come back a bit.

May 2022 MYLR - right now charge to 80% (i did charge to 90% for a while when it was the recommended range (was that a mistake?) which is currently predicting 397km (248miles). Have a winter road trip coming up so i am trying to get a better handle on consumption for planning purposes.

I came to this thread because I've noticed that my % consumed is generally higher than the car's prediction - when I check the power consumption page in car, it is showing 3-4% higher consumption than predicted and it is all from driving. I drive under chill mode and will see if i granny it, it will come back a bit.

May 2022 MYLR - right now charge to 80% (i did charge to 90% for a while when it was the recommended range (was that a mistake?) which is currently predicting 397km (248miles). Have a winter road trip coming up so i am trying to get a better handle on consumption for planning purposes.
Yeah, that seems low. That's 75% of the original 330 miles range.
Maybe you need to charge to 100% once to recalibrate the BMS?

That makes a lot more sense, actually.
Re-reading the post, I think you are right.
Yes. Sorry I should have made it clearer - the mileage/range was for 80% charged. Yesterday i did a 10mi (15km drive) and the only time i hit the predicted power was coasting down a really big hill. I know that winter range (I have michelin x-ice winter tires on) is less but it hasn't been super cold of late and the range bite seems to be that much more apparent in my day to day driving.

2021 MY LR w/19" wheels and around 21,302 miles. Just did my first 100% charge in quite a while - got to 298 on rated 326, or roughly 91.4%. When we bought the car from a dealer in May of this year, we got around 302 on its first full 100% charge.

I have a 2015 MS 70D with ~85k miles that still holds 95.3% charge, and a 2017 Model X with 40k miles that holds ~94%. Seems like the batteries from the older cars are a bit sturdier than the newer ones?

2021 MY LR w/19" wheels and around 21,302 miles. Just did my first 100% charge in quite a while - got to 298 on rated 326, or roughly 91.4%. When we bought the car from a dealer in May of this year, we got around 302 on its first full 100% charge.

I have a 2015 MS 70D with ~85k miles that still holds 95.3% charge, and a 2017 Model X with 40k miles that holds ~94%. Seems like the batteries from the older cars are a bit sturdier than the newer ones?
I'm not surprised.

2021 MYLR, Dec 2020 build.
47k miles, Tessie shows 7.9% degradation. (Using "miles indicated" isn't an accurate way of measuring degradation)
This. Miles of range changes are likely just a BMS calibration thing. The only way to really measure degradation is to use a third-party app that can connect directly to the car or to run the battery health check in the service menu. I'd recommend just changing your display to percentage and not worry about it.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
The only way to really measure degradation is to use a third-party app that can connect directly to the car
Totally not necessary if all you care about is battery capacity. They provide exactly the same info. This has been shown over and over again with ScanMyTesla and other CAN devices.

The rated miles at 100% are a direct display of battery energy capacity estimate.

Totally not necessary if all you care about is battery capacity. They provide exactly the same info. This has been shown over and over again with ScanMyTesla and other CAN devices.

The rated miles at 100% are a direct display of battery energy capacity estimate.
Interesting, considering you posted this -

• Love
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Interesting, considering you posted this -

Yes. This is completely consistent with that post!

Reactions: flixden and 804son