Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BBC FUD Fest: Mini-E London to Edinburgh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DP1632.png

133 Miles to go...

David,
Good luck on finishing the trip! Over this past summer, I worked as an intern at Tesla. I loved taking out the old engineering cars for drives around the San Francisco Bay Area. As a finale to the summer, I took Roadster VP6 (the 6th roadster every built) from San Francisco down to LA and back encompassing over 1000 miles in less than 48 hours. I even spent time with family while I was in LA. The battery pack that was in it had almost 80,000 miles on it. It was definitely a blast and I hope you enjoy your trip as well!
-Chad

Thats better. 483/18=~27MPH. Taking into account traffic, charging, restaurant and restroom breaks.

Google maps said the trip could be done in 8 hours, but I gather that is if you never hit traffic and never stopped.

Tesla update: recovery mode charging on 32A in my garage.

David update: also recovery mode charging - sound asleep in my spare room.

I'm sure they will both be sufficiently recharged in the morning (not many hours away) to find Brian whenever he gets into Edinburgh. Hopefully the BBC will have the decency to interview David and restore some measure of balance to their reporting of this story.

Meanwhile can I add my congratulations to
David (and his navigator) for the tenacity and resolve he showed and on what he achieved. Well done!

Reactions: Mark77a
Here's my story on David's fantastic trip over at Allcarselectric.

I wish I had been able to go (Rachel Konrad asked me to drive it earlier this week after I hinted someone should) but sadly I wasn't free due to my wife's work commitments :(

Well done David! I can't wait to see this repeated in the summer with a whole load of cars ;)

Oh, and when I get my LEAF, I'm planning to drive 500+ miles in a day:)

Nikki.

Reactions: Mark77a