TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

BBC radio not working via Tunein

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by marchino, Jan 22, 2016.

1. marchino

marchino Member

For about a week (perhaps since the recent 7.1 update in Australia), I have been unable to listen to BBC radio streams via Tunein.

I can get all the other stations, but the only BBC stations I get are foreign language, like BBC Urdu or BBC Arabic.

I can't get BBC World Service, or any of the domestic stations, like Radios 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5.

Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

2. BertL

BertL Active Member

I've not had any issue with TuneIn since 7.1 that I remember, but I've had streams seem to go offline in the past. When I checked the TuneIn site, it basically says that can happen from time-to-time. I don't listen to BBC, but perhaps you should contact TuneIn Customer Service?

3. UberEV1

UberEV1 Member

Also discovered Tune-In related problem since 7.1 upgrade . . . I have had NPR Hourly News Report "favorited" (is there a better verb?) for several years and now all of a sudden when trying to play the stream I get an error message "High bandwidth content - please connect to WiFi." Since it is doubtful NPR actually changed its streaming bandwidth, I tried logging out of Tune-In and logging back in. I could get the stream to play several times, then later the error message comes back. I also cross-checked the 3G signal strength and there doesn't seem to be any correlation. Perhaps it is unrelated to 7.1, but I wonder . . . .

Anyone else seeing the "High bandwidth error" message for content that worked previously?

4. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

I had this happen with a previous update (not 7.1). I emailed Tesla, and brought my car in (for something unrelated, but asked them to look into this). When I got the car back the same evening, that particular station worked.

I don't know what Tesla did, nor did I ask, but you should email them and see if they can fix it on their end. I doubt mine was a coincidence

5. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

Yes, and I started a separate thread about it:

No more Latest NPR Hourly News Update in the car?