Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU2 not fit for purpose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JohnWood

Mar 30, 2023
UK
I recently had the MCU1 to MCU2 upgrade on my 2015 model S as the centre screen spent 95% of the time frozen and not responding to touch. Now the radio streaming, spotify, maps etc only work when they feel like it and in no particular order ie radio streaming working but maps just blank then 10 minutes later maps working but streaming radio and Spotify not then nothing working for the rest of the journey. The LTE signal can be any number of bars during this, usually 4 or 5. Tried all the resets including full power off. Doesn't happen in the same places either - anyone having similar problems or know of a fix. Getting cheesed off listening to the suspension crashing over S. Wales' roads for hours and hours, Thanks.

Also, as far as the Navigation goes, there is an SD card that contains the map data and route info. This was a standard issue SD card when your car was new, and they wear out. I bet they just stuck the 8 year old SD card back in. This likely needs to be changed, as it is very old now. Don't know why this isn't the norm.