Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Be aware of ICE Bullies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've opened this new thread to point a finger at, and be aware of ICE bullies- those inconsiderate a$%^*holes who purposely park at EV chargers, and at Tesla's in particular!

You are encouraged to catch them in the act and publish their pictures in this thread.

images

SmugAlert15.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Hi - Haven't been to Solvang in years, but miss the pastries. Are those Tesla HPWCs mounted on the wall in the parking garage in the pic ?

yes the two (relatively slow) chargers are mounted in the underground garage. The Solvang's HI Express offers them for FREE to hotel guests. Nice, affordable hotel with breakfast on the house, located just a short walking distance from your desired pastry shops.

I've had more gear-heads cut me off, flick me off and squeal their tires trying to get ahead of me (never happens) than I have seen ICE'd chargers. Also do we really need to dox these assholes? This thread seems like a pretty petty idea to me personally.

Aside from people targeting/bullying EV owners, it's an interesting conundrum in the sense that EV charging is often in parking lots close to the storefronts. In busy parking lots where spaces are hard to come by, I can see ICE cars being tempted to pull in. Until local traffic/parking enforcement starts citing that, it will continue to happen. In order for citations to be issued, you're expecting traffic enforcement to be able to easily differentiate ICE and EVs, which is a taller training order than it may at first seem.

Reactions: Pkmmte and outdoors
Supercharger (Santa Ana) issues: jayden on Twitter

Saw that Youtube video a while ago. That's a video from China not here in the States and doesn't look like even at a Supercharger. Maybe the aggressive woman found out the other driver was cheating with her husband. But I did notice that there's a metal piece dragging on the ground of the aggressive woman's Tesla on the front passenger side. Maybe there was an accident between the two and the woman pulled over expecting the second vehicle to stop and exchange info only to pull away. Why they stopped I don't know...maybe oncoming traffic prevented a getaway but sure the rear end damage ended up being more costly than the front passenger wheel damage. But again, neither Supercharger, ICEing nor coal-rolling (dangerous and disgusting). Maybe you didn't mean to post that video?

Last edited:
Don't make a big deal about it.. There's a very small % of "ICE bullies". The last thing you want to do is make it actually become a thing and start dividing people into sides as it feeds the trolls just like how meat eater like to talk a lot about "vegans" more then vegans talk about being vegan or the whole pickup truck parking at SC went on the news and just gave more people ideas to join forces and troll when in reality there was only a small percentage of those people.

Well, only small % of people rob banks but still we throw them into jail. While in general my sentiment is that just ignoring the idiot the problem goes away, on the other hand there's also idiots who will keep pushing further until confronted and dealt with.

I think the best way would to update the legislation so that it's easier to report ICE problems. For example snap picture of ICE cars and send to specific address. Owner of the car gets $100 fine to remind not to park at EV charging. Biggest problem I see there is that even with my poor photoshop skills, I could swap licence plate. But something along those lines. Kinda wasting police time/resources if they need to start enforcing EV spot parking.

If you live in the Bay Area, valley fair mall is the worst. They have many ev spots but most are ICE’d. I blame the mall’s security and management as much as the jerks that park in these marked spots. Start towing and people will get the message.

A few weeks ago I had a conversation with a Walmart manager about the campers in the parking lot of the Walmart, which shares a parking lot with 3 or 4 other strip malls. It seems Walmart or the rest of the strip malls do not control the parking lots. This property is owned by a separate entity. And their business model tolerates the campers as they feel it benefits the strip malls.
So the campers continued to camp.

Saw that Youtube video a while ago. That's a video from China not here in the States and doesn't look like even at a Supercharger. Maybe the aggressive woman found out the other driver was cheating with her husband. But I did notice that there's a metal piece dragging on the ground of the aggressive woman's Tesla on the front passenger side. Maybe there was an accident between the two and the woman pulled over expecting the second vehicle to stop and exchange info only to pull away. Why they stopped I don't know...maybe oncoming traffic prevented a getaway but sure the rear end damage ended up being more costly than the front passenger wheel damage. But again, neither Supercharger, ICEing nor coal-rolling (dangerous and disgusting). Maybe you didn't mean to post that video?
agree that this is not the most relevant in this thread but I think you missed how the discussions evolved... also I'm pretty sure the woman was taking revenge because the black car cut her off when she was walking, and the hanging piece from her car is from when she got out of the parking spot she just swiped the car in front of her.