Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Be careful the beep alert when close to something does not always work how you think it would

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same thing happened to me. I had assumed the beeps would happen from any side or angle on the car. One quarter panel later says that is not the case. Disappointed with Tesla, as well as myself for assuming it worked a certain way.

I just put in a mobile service request before I read this thread. My model 3 is always alerting me to stop because I’m going to hit something and I’ll still have at least 5’ left. My rear bumper keeps saying I’m about to hit my wall and I still have 20’ left.

Be careful out there folks ... this little bump is $6.5k in damage .... I will be without the car for 2-3 weeks ... I’m sure they will hash out and negotiate it to $5k or less .

On second thought that sounds expensive but I do remember getting a quote for door damage and panel on my 10 yr old SUV and that was $3.5k ... so maybe it’s not so crazy. I left the suv damage alone white is a good color to mask the little stuff.

Last edited:
Be careful out there folks ... this little bump is $6.5k in damage .... I will be without the car for 2-3 weeks ... I’m sure they will hash out and negotiate it to $5k or less .

On second thought that sounds expensive but I do remember getting a quote for door damage and panel on my 10 yr old SUV and that was $3.5k ... so maybe it’s not so crazy. I left the suv damage alone white is a good color to mask the little stuff.
That is absolutely insane for that amount of damage. Are they cutting & replacing or what? They might as well just buy you a used Miata.

A cheaper car would be fixed by pounding it out, applying bondo, and painting.

A more expensive car people want fixed “the right way” by cutting panels and replacing them.

I’m pretty sure that’s a steel panel, so the aluminum argument doesn’t hold.

I’m sure the insurance company will handle the pricing and what they feel is fair. It’s already reported so I want to get it done right and by approved shop.

thing is this car folded like a paper tiger , the other car had a scratch on the plastic bumper and I have this. I’ll post updates as we go just want it fixed , and it was a bonehead move by me.

Moving forward ... been 1 week without the car estimate is another 17 days waiting on parts... there was unseen damage I guess.

looking like 1 month total over a small bump that left no damage to the other car, Tesla approved body shop so they work on them all the time.. the insurance company has yet to hear from car owner after my note and their calls...

Point is .... these cars are paper tigers ...fold on minimal impact, at least the outer portion. I have a dent in my trunk from maybe an acorn under a tree... and now this.

I don’t need any more confirmation. Drive carefully folks .