Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Before/After Tint: 35% Stratos windows; 70% windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried to take before and after pictures outdoors in a similar location with similar lighting conditions. I'm thinking we could have gotten away with 15% because of the white interior.

before-after-windshield.jpg

before-after-front.jpg

before-after-front-quarter.jpg

before-after-side.jpg

before-after-side-low.jpg

Can you post some pics of the areas with factory tint from the inside looking out? I am planning to get the Formula One Pinnacle 35% and hope you can still see out the roof.
sorry, when I tried to snap before and after pictures from inside looking out, there was no difference as I forgot to place camera in manual light meter mode. The AWB and Auto light meter made the photos look the same. I was able to get the windshield before and after photos by using Model 3's display as a Gray Card. #lessonslearned #notarealphotographer

Thanks! That seems to be pretty in-line with the quotes I am getting and the other information other members are posting.

I am starting to see Xpel Tint as the up and coming new brand to go for in terms of performance and color (smoke).
If your shop has that brand and it's the same price, then maybe you want to take that into consideration.

Otherwise, my experience with the Stratos is...I feel pretty cold sometimes now....actually need the seat warmers....again I live in Sunny California...Ceramic Tint is pretty awesome...cool as a cucumber.

Also Stratos 70 has a blue hue....once you actually get it installed, you don't notice it as much...

I am starting to see Xpel Tint as the up and coming new brand to go for in terms of performance and color (smoke).
If your shop has that brand and it's the same price, then maybe you want to take that into consideration.

Otherwise, my experience with the Stratos is...I feel pretty cold sometimes now....actually need the seat warmers....again I live in Sunny California...Ceramic Tint is pretty awesome...cool as a cucumber.

Also Stratos 70 has a blue hue....once you actually get it installed, you don't notice it as much...

Thanks again, good to know! I was actually worried a bit about the blue hue. Is the blue hue on 70 only? I was thinking about going 50 all around.

Thanks again, good to know! I was actually worried a bit about the blue hue. Is the blue hue on 70 only? I was thinking about going 50 all around.
Yes, Stratos 70 is the only shade that has the blue hue.

If you go 50, it will be "smoked" charcoal, or in my opinion, warmer colors.

If you are going for a more darked out look, the 50 in the front will definitely help complete that look.

Also want to mention that from a higher angle, the tint is highly reflective. It looks different when you go down to eye level. If the shop has cars already complete, take a knee and check it out from a lower angle. My tint is 35 but looking at it standing up it looks like 20 cause of the reflective properties.