Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beginners vragen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eigenlijk zijn die pasjes maar dom en onhandig
Behalve als je geen bereik hebt (parkeergarages).
Of als Belg in Zwitserland.
Ik heb een jaar in CH gewerkt. Altijd roaming uitgezet, maar omdat we werkten in Liechtenstein en sliepen in CH (geen roamingkosten in LIE), vergde dat veel geswitch van aan/uit. Een paar keer dus mislukt en dat kostte mij steeds zo’n 50-60€ per ‘vergissing’.
Bij mijn Nederlandse collega’s kostte dat maar een fractie van wat ik betaalde.

Last edited:
Behalve als je geen bereik hebt (parkeergarages).
Of als Belg in Zwitserland.
Ik heb een jaar in CH gewerkt. Altijd roaming uitgezet, maar omdat we werkten in Liechtenstein en sliepen in CH (geen roamingkosten in LIE), vergde dat veel geswitch van aan/uit. Een paar keer dus mislukt en dat kostte mij steeds zo’n 50-60€ per ‘vergissing’.
Bij mijn Nederlandse collega’s kostte dat maar een fractie van wat ik betaalde.
Maar dat is ook het oude systeem denken hoor. Het kan(en dat zouden we willen) gewoon geautomatiseerd, zonder pas, zonder app, sterker nog het zou ook direct moeten werken op netwerken en providers waar je niet eerst hoeft te registreren.

Maar helaas zijn er historische keuzes gemaakt in huidige publieke laadsysteem niet zo dat dit snel zal mogelijk zal zijn. Technisch is het niet moeilijk.

Reactions: Phil V
Maar dat is ook het oude systeem denken hoor. Het kan(en dat zouden we willen) gewoon geautomatiseerd, zonder pas, zonder app, sterker nog het zou ook direct moeten werken op netwerken en providers waar je niet eerst hoeft te registreren.

Maar helaas zijn er historische keuzes gemaakt in huidige publieke laadsysteem niet zo dat dit snel zal mogelijk zal zijn. Technisch is het niet moeilijk.
Inderdaad.
Tesla kan het wel voor niet-Tesla’s.
Ik dacht dat daarvoor net het CCS protocol ontwikkeld was.
Als je alleen, via het nieuwe systeemdenken wil werken, dan laad je niet ☹️

Reactions: nico180
what am I doing wrong?
I open the app in order to set the preconditioning time but the car does not wake up, it's happening more and more and nowadays basically I can't precondition the car the only way to wake it up is to open the door...
I'm on the previous SW version before V11, car is unplugged, any "alternative" methods to wake it?

what am I doing wrong?
I open the app in order to set the preconditioning time but the car does not wake up, it's happening more and more and nowadays basically I can't precondition the car the only way to wake it up is to open the door...
I'm on the previous SW version before V11, car is unplugged, any "alternative" methods to wake it?
Is the car connected to wifi? I sometimes noticed my car would not be connected if the WiFi range is there, but minimal, hence timeouts...

what am I doing wrong?
Are you using an Android phone for your Tesla App ?

No Wifi, car is in a shared parking, so only LTE connection. Sometimes I see when I enter that LTE is lost and it takes a while to go online.
'LTE is lost'

Ask Tesla if they can check your LTE, modem, SIM etc etc

Is your mobile phone LTE connection strong or weak at that location ?

What car? The older model S cars have a energy setting saving and a toggle for 'always connected', those settings could disconnect the LTE when idle, but most cars from the last few years should always be connected, all the time.

'LTE is lost'

Ask Tesla if they can check your LTE, modem, SIM etc etc

Is your mobile phone LTE connection strong or weak at that location ?

What car? The older model S cars have a energy setting saving and a toggle for 'always connected', those settings could disconnect the LTE when idle, but most cars from the last few years should always be connected, all the time.
I will ask, thank you.
It's a 2019 model 3, LTE is ok, I never noticed issues

I also have a TM3 from 2019 with an Android phone (OnePlus 7T Pro with Android 11).
Roughly one out of ten times, I have the same problem as you. I start the app in order to pre-heat the cabin from distance and the car just won't wake up which is a prerequisite for this function to work.

During the last two years, these step-by-step work-arounds have worked for me in the following order:
1. Close Tesla app, and restart it.
2. If 1. doesn't work, close all other apps (via built-in Task/App manager) and restart the Tesla app.
3. If 2. doesn't work, go to smartphone settings, Apps, choose Tesla app, go to storage and clear cache (not data !). Restart Tesla App.
4. If 3. doesn't work, take your smartphone and go next to your car (distance +- 1m) and retry.
5. If 4. doesn't work, unlock your car with either key card or Tesla App (no LTE connection required for this), take a seat on driver seat and retry.
6. If 5. doesn't work, Log-off and Log-on with your Tesla credentials within Tesla app. Retry.
7. If 6. doesn't work, repeat step 3. but this time clear "Data" as well. You will have to re-enter your Tesla credentials again in the Tesla app like in step 6.

If all of this is still no good, then I reckon it's time for a SC appointment. Fortunately I didn't have to do so yet.
Hope this helps.

I also have a TM3 from 2019 with an Android phone (OnePlus 7T Pro with Android 11).
Roughly one out of ten times, I have the same problem as you. I start the app in order to pre-heat the cabin from distance and the car just won't wake up which is a prerequisite for this function to work.

During the last two years, these step-by-step work-arounds have worked for me in the following order:
1. Close Tesla app, and restart it.
2. If 1. doesn't work, close all other apps (via built-in Task/App manager) and restart the Tesla app.
3. If 2. doesn't work, go to smartphone settings, Apps, choose Tesla app, go to storage and clear cache (not data !). Restart Tesla App.
4. If 3. doesn't work, take your smartphone and go next to your car (distance +- 1m) and retry.
5. If 4. doesn't work, unlock your car with either key card or Tesla App (no LTE connection required for this), take a seat on driver seat and retry.
6. If 5. doesn't work, Log-off and Log-on with your Tesla credentials within Tesla app. Retry.
7. If 6. doesn't work, repeat step 3. but this time clear "Data" as well. You will have to re-enter your Tesla credentials again in the Tesla app like in step 6.

If all of this is still no good, then I reckon it's time for a SC appointment. Fortunately I didn't have to do so yet.
Hope this helps.
Before it was occasional but now (running 2020.40, the last version before V11) it seems to happen every time the car is parked and in deep sleep.
it sounds to me that the problem is on the car side and not the phone, but I will try to play around, opening and closing the car works but that's annoying as the car is 4 floors away from my home.

Thanks for the guidance!