Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Being unreasonable against Teslas...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

yessuz

Dec 30, 2021
Midlands
So we all read some BS stories about stupid insurance premiums or idiots ICIng SCs.

But this is new level

Yesterday went to a car wash in Spain, in underground parking at one of Cortes Ingles malls
Chap came to me and started something like:
- Sir, this car to wash the outside - 100 EUR.
Me like: - what!? 100 eur?
- Si.
- Why?
- This is very expensive car, sir, so we have to charge 100 EUR
- you are kidding , right?
- no sir. 100 EUR

So I left and I wonder, if they charge some E class merc ir fully loaded BMW 330e same?!

Anyone else had something similar? :D

So we all read some BS stories about stupid insurance premiums or idiots ICIng SCs.

But this is new level

Yesterday went to a car wash in Spain, in underground parking at one of Cortes Ingles malls
Chap came to me and started something like:
- Sir, this car to wash the outside - 100 EUR.
Me like: - what!? 100 eur?
- Si.
- Why?
- This is very expensive car, sir, so we have to charge 100 EUR
- you are kidding , right?
- no sir. 100 EUR

So I left and I wonder, if they charge some E class merc ir fully loaded BMW 330e same?!

Anyone else had something similar? :D
Jeezes.

Name checks out.

Reactions: EVMeister
Car is dirty, covered by dead flies, bit of bird poop (thank god - on glass only), and loads of dust (parked not too far from beach...)

But I am not stupid to pay 100 eur for car wash lmao

Well unless they use their tongues to lick it out and provide somewhat passable handjob, which I doubt.
Which car park and did you by any chance get a quote for the hand job?
Asking for a friend.

And No, I didn't get quote for handjob. i have a suspicion that if car was is 100, HJ would be 1000

Looks like your review was the only 1 star amongst a sea of 5 star reviews. I wonder if they give a €95 discount for positive reviews?

Oh and at least one of the reviews makes me think some of the speculation on this thread could be spot on:

"The spectacular customer service, and Alicia's treatment even better, they make things very easy and she has a very good work team".

"Being unreasonable against Teslas..."
On a slightly different topic than the car wash, but in the name of the Thread. I asked two Tesla's approved bodyshop garages for a quote to repair a scratch on a front bumper. Got 2 quotes (£2,500 and £500) for the same job. The first garage (most expensive) explained that the quote includes mandatory re-calibration of the radar after removing the front bumper. The second garage did not say anything abt radar calibration, so either they were planning to remove bumper and fit it back without radar calibration or to repair and repaint bumper without removing it (I am not an expert so do not know what is actually needed to make the repair). The point here - two quotes for same job with 5 times difference...

"Being unreasonable against Teslas..."
On a slightly different topic than the car wash, but in the name of the Thread. I asked two Tesla's approved bodyshop garages for a quote to repair a scratch on a front bumper. Got 2 quotes (£2,500 and £500) for the same job. The first garage (most expensive) explained that the quote includes mandatory re-calibration of the radar after removing the front bumper. The second garage did not say anything abt radar calibration, so either they were planning to remove bumper and fit it back without radar calibration or to repair and repaint bumper without removing it (I am not an expert so do not know what is actually needed to make the repair). The point here - two quotes for same job with 5 times difference...

Would be interested to hear what they said if you informed them your Tesla doesn't have a radar, and even those that do don't use it. :)

In Spain we always go to a self wash facility. It costs me between 2 and 5 euros to leave with a clean car...

This was a 3 euro and 15 minutes "I do it myself" wash...

IMG_0223.JPG IMG_0224.JPG