Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best 19 tires replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my third set of these tires and could not be happier. They're usually on sale at Costco about twice per year. Just checked: through 6/14 you can grab a set at Costco for $150 off. Currently $230/tire.

Just put all this in and realized I had not read Xenoilphobe's entire (fine print) message. I have said essentially the same thing. Sorry.

Should have added that we all have different priorities for tires. What I really like ( or ignore, or sounds I miss, for example) is not necessarily what someone else treasures. I think the ride and handling have been great. For a very quiet car, I don't get a lot of road noise. And I am quite happy that the first two sets averaged about 53,000 miles and this set is at 20,000 plus and still show only normal, even wear.

Tire Rack rates the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate highly. Has anyone had experience with those?

If this is what you are referring to this is not actual customer impressions, this is a projection by Tirerack on where they think they should be. See reported miles on the far right: no data. The performance looks good, especially in the wet, yet a little higher rolling resitance than A/S3+, interesting they are rated as the exact same tread life as the A/S3+ at 500, but I think it is poor to slip them right at the top. Maybe some sort of "scratch my back" favouritism going on? Maybe some higher profits than Michelin and Continental? Hmmmm....
Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 9.35.29 AM.png

Also, I wish they would just get rid of these "categories", as I would like to compare various tires from both the "ultra high performance all seasons" and the table below, "grand touring all season" as some of the tires in grand touring exhibit higher performance and better handling than the "ultra high" performance ones... and then they have "high performance" and just "performance" all season? o_O I just want an awesome all around 3 1/2 season tire that is quiet and lasts a long time please.

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 9.48.54 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: blecchus_rex
If this is what you are referring to this is not actual customer impressions, this is a projection by Tirerack on where they think they should be. See reported miles on the far right: no data. The performance looks good, especially in the wet, yet a little higher rolling resitance than A/S3+, interesting they are rated as the exact same tread life as the A/S3+ at 500, but I think it is poor to slip them right at the top. Maybe some sort of "scratch my back" favouritism going on? Maybe some higher profits than Michelin and Continental? Hmmmm....
View attachment 554840

Also, I wish they would just get rid of these "categories", as I would like to compare various tires from both the "ultra high performance all seasons" and the table below, "grand touring all season" as some of the tires in grand touring exhibit higher performance and better handling than the "ultra high" performance ones... and then they have "high performance" and just "performance" all season? o_O I just want an awesome all around 3 1/2 season tire that is quiet and lasts a long time please.

View attachment 554859

Consumer Reports also rates them just above the Michelins

After over a month and about 2k miles, comparing this Michelin Primacy MXM 4 I just put in vs the Pirelli I had previously, I say stick with Pirelli.

The handling between the two, I don't notice much differences. The noise reduction, Pirelli wins. Energy rating, Pirelli wins. I'm averaging about 8-10% more wh/m usage more on these Michelin for the same work route I usually do every day (80+ miles round trip).

I'm going back to Pirelli as my next tires.

I just got 37000 miles out of my set and was thinking about switching to the MXM 4. Good info this will help a lot on my next decision

Given what Silicon Desert shared with his testing of these tires, I wonder how much of this is self fulfilling prophecy and/or low tread tires vs new tiers... as opposed to an actual measurable difference. Don't get me wrong - I want to believe you're experiencing a big difference on the QuietTracks, as I too have been considering them. But sometimes our brains can play tricks on us.

I guess until I can hear them for myself or more folks validate such, my refresh on tires will be the Pirelli P7s again.
I just got around 37000 miles on my P7 set. After prorated my next set out the door is 350$. Not bad

Also, I wish they would just get rid of these "categories", as I would like to compare various tires from both the "ultra high performance all seasons" and the table below, "grand touring all season" as some of the tires in grand touring exhibit higher performance and better handling than the "ultra high" performance ones... and then they have "high performance" and just "performance" all season?
View attachment 554859

Where do you find those comparison tables on the website? I‘ve been looking around it quite a bit, but I haven’t seen those. I’d like to look at one for summer tires.

Thus far, Pirelli CINTURATO is the quietest I’ve found.

I'm also looking at this tire for my next set, though they have a "II" model out now. For me it's between the VREDESTEIN QUATRAC PRO and the PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS II. Funny, when I do the Tire Rack suggestion survey picking comfort and treadlife over everything else, these are the only two tires that come up.

Reactions: smilepak
I'm sort of a bargain tire shopper and tend to buy tires based on what's on sale and which have a rebate. On my other vehicles, it's led me to buy the following:

Hankook Ventus EVO V12 (great budget performance tire for small cars)
Michelin Super Sport
Pirelli Scoprion Verde (got really loud rotation noise at 40% treadwear on our Rx400h)
Pirelli Cinturato P7 (tread looks identical to the Scorpion Verde)
Bridgestone Ecopia (very disappointed with treadwear...got about 33% of the rated warranty on our Fiat 500e)
Yokohama YK740 GTX
BF Goodrich KO2
Michelin Primacy
Goodyear Eagle RS-A2 (came with car)

Specifically for our Model S, I've found the Michelin Primacy to have plenty of grip for a touring tire and surprisingly comfy as the tread wore down. The Goodyear Eagle RS-A2 tires were great when they were new and made a competent touring tire, but the road noise and grip deteriorated when they hit the final 20% of their treadlife. For the money, I decided to got back to the Goodyear tires since the net cost was 30% less than the Michelins and their treadlife was similar at around 40K miles. Total cost was $530 installed with replacement certificates at America's Tire.

I'm also looking at this tire for my next set, though they have a "II" model out now. For me it's between the VREDESTEIN QUATRAC PRO and the PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS II. Funny, when I do the Tire Rack suggestion survey picking comfort and treadlife over everything else, these are the only two tires that come up.

Have had the P7 A/S Plus II for 3000 miles now in So Cal. No issues so far with noise, grip, ride, comfort, or tramlining. The 70,000 mile treadlife warranty seals the deal -- I only ran Primacy sets in the past and made it to mid-40k before replacing. Glad I gave the Pirellis a shot.

• Helpful
Reactions: WASD

I've read on a few forums the P7 II is not LRR like the original, and therefore efficiency takes a noticeable hit. Their efficiency and quietness were their killer apps. With efficiency now down on the new P7, I'd just go with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. Here are a few threads mentioning the new P7s:

Anyone try out the new Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II tires on their Tesla? Hopeful these rate well and I can replace my OEM tires when it's time : TeslaLounge

Model 3 Replacement Tire Discussion (OEM sizes only) - Tesla Owners Online

That's disappointing. Other reviews of them have been much more positive. Though I'd be coming from a staggered set of Firehawk Indy 500s, so I'm sure they wouldn't be as inefficient as those. If they are, I might as well just get summer tires again. I'm really just looking for low noise, high comfort, with enough grip to let me brake safely and the occasional ludi sprint. Efficiency isn't that high on my list. I have a charger at home and live 1 mile from a supercharger.

I've read on a few forums the P7 II is not LRR like the original, and therefore efficiency takes a noticeable hit. Their efficiency and quietness were their killer apps. With efficiency now down on the new P7, I'd just go with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. Here are a few threads mentioning the new P7s:

Anyone try out the new Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II tires on their Tesla? Hopeful these rate well and I can replace my OEM tires when it's time : TeslaLounge

Model 3 Replacement Tire Discussion (OEM sizes only) - Tesla Owners Online
Well that's annoying... After reading through this thread for the second time, I had determined that the P7 would be my pick to replace the OEM Goodyear's this fall when I swap out the 21's. After reading everyone else's low mileage numbers, I'm happy with the 40,000+ miles we put on ours though.

With the 75D, range is an issue during our "winter" (40°-50° and windy). For those that are running the Conti PureContact LS how's your efficiency?

• Informative
Reactions: msjr