Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Car in The Doctor's Lot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pediatrician here. Heard about Tesla a couple of years ago but did not pay attention as the roadster was way out of reach. Been obsessed with Tesla over the last 6 months. Still thought it was a pipe dream to spend that much money on a car. But finally pulled the trigger two weeks ago. Hopefully will be here late Sept./early Oct.!! Will be the first at my hospital.

Pediatrician here. Heard about Tesla a couple of years ago but did not pay attention as the roadster was way out of reach. Been obsessed with Tesla over the last 6 months. Still thought it was a pipe dream to spend that much money on a car. But finally pulled the trigger two weeks ago. Hopefully will be here late Sept./early Oct.!! Will be the first at my hospital.

Good to see a fellow pediatrician. I've had my S85 for 6 months and love it. There are 2 other model S's where I work though.

I was wondering what had happened to this thread. Thanks for resuscitating it.
Now that a few months have passed several of all varieties in the hospital lot, from 60 to P85+

I have been the first and only so far. Next week a GI doc will be getting his after he took a ride in mine. That was all it took to convince him ;-) He never had an official test drive and is very excited!!

We've got a few gas docs here!

Yup, me too! I responded to this thread quite a while ago when I got my 85 at the end of 2012. I'm still the only one at my primary hospital, although I convinced an ENT at out sister hospital to get one and he's been thanking me ever since. Just a few days ago, I got my Model S together with a Signature belonging to another anesthesiologist who was my resident when I was an academic attending a decade ago. It's nice to see this thread back up again!

I got my Roadster in May of 2011. It is still the only Tesla at my hospital. Lots of chatter in the doctor's dining room though. One of my friends asked a lot of questions about the Model S--and bought a Beemer instead! Said the Tesla was too expensive. And he's a surgeon. Us Internists always love it when surgeons complain about money.

I have been trying to get my hospital to put in an EVSE (charger) since I bought my car and even with grants to help them out--no dice!

I got my Roadster in May of 2011. It is still the only Tesla at my hospital. Lots of chatter in the doctor's dining room though. One of my friends asked a lot of questions about the Model S--and bought a Beemer instead! Said the Tesla was too expensive. And he's a surgeon. Us Internists always love it when surgeons complain about money.

I have been trying to get my hospital to put in an EVSE (charger) since I bought my car and even with grants to help them out--no dice!

Timothy,
I am in the process of working with my hospital. It appears they are looking into an outlet rather an EVSE charger. Were you looking at any particular charger? Also where did you find the grants (local or federal?). Looking for anything that will help my case?
Thanks

Timothy,
I am in the process of working with my hospital. It appears they are looking into an outlet rather an EVSE charger. Were you looking at any particular charger? Also where did you find the grants (local or federal?). Looking for anything that will help my case?
Thanks

The least expensive would be for them to just put in a NEMA 14-50 outlet--240v/14amps. They could put an 'EV parking only while charging' sign up as well.

In my case I contacted the Community Environmental Council here in Santa Barbara and they contacted the hospital with all options. My contact at the CEC is Michael Chiacos 805-963-0583 x 110 [email protected]. I'm sure he would be able to give you some direction wherever you are located.

Good Luck!

xray, I'm guessing you're a radiologist too. Any other radiologist Tesla owners on the forum out there? I have had my P85 for about 5 months, and absolutely love it! My only concern has been the 21 inch wheel, which looks great but is easy to damage (already dinged by my dad on his first, and last, test drive:eek:), and the tires wear quickly. I'm still the only doc in town with one, as far as I know, but an MRI tech just got his recently- they must make more than I think.