Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Comments on EV Stories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the Sky coverage of the F1 testing on in the background yesterday when the commentators chat turned to the future of the sport. They may have lacked the terminology but were correct in pointing out the current issue of energy density but one of them decided to point out that EVs aren't that clean because the grid runs on 75% coal...
Coal is currently at about 2-3%.

most of the UK housing stock is Victorian and, with solid walls, not too easy to insulate

Agreed, but I am hopeful that a way will be found. EnerPHit will do, in place of Passive House ... particularly if the exterior brick is not "precious" and the exterior could be wrapped. My hope is that advances in material science etc. will make this a reality for the next generation.

Just shut the last coal fired power station in Scotland this week. As a miner's son, despite being brought up during the strikes, didn't think I'd see it in my lifetime.

I don't think that's correct. The last coal power station in Scotland was closed in 2016 (Longannet). You may be confusing the fact that Longannet was in the news this week because the final bits were being demolished. There's no coal fired generation in Scotland.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
My 7 year old house is well insulated but still needs about 50kWh/day of gas to heat it in the coldest months .

Seems high, unless you're heating it during the day (or referring to more typical winters). My 50 year old house only took 80 kWh/day in gas this winter, and it is not well insulated (open fireplace with ventilation, over half the windows still 'old' double glazing, etc).

Saw this article from the National Grid?

5 Myths about electric vehicles busted | National Grid Group

There are a few facts in the article to shut most of the “not enough capacity” comments down.

The fudsters surely can’t claim that the National Grid are Tesla / electric vehicle fan boys?!? Easily shows plenty of capacity for the future. :)

I've quoted that very article in many a rebuttal on social media and have been shot down that the National Grids project manager (also a Tesla owner BTW and a member of TOUK) is wrong. Its hard to argue with people who believe that they know better than the people that run our energy infrastructure...

I've quoted that very article in many a rebuttal on social media and have been shot down that the National Grids project manager (also a Tesla owner BTW and a member of TOUK) is wrong. Its hard to argue with people who believe that they know better than the people that run our energy infrastructure...

I know. Also heard the world was flat, and humans arrived in pyramid shaped spacecraft. :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: Beady3647
So glad that someone revived this thread. I'd not come across it before and it's one of the funniest and most useful on the site. Some good articles to counter the crap that my dad comes out with. I'm sure he doesn't read the Daily Mail but he's started acting like he does. Having said that, he lives in a North East equivalent of Royston Vasey...

I thin
So glad that someone revived this thread. I'd not come across it before and it's one of the funniest and most useful on the site. Some good articles to counter the crap that my dad comes out with. I'm sure he doesn't read the Daily Mail but he's started acting like he does. Having said that, he lives in a North East equivalent of Royston Vasey...
You're welcome...

Reactions: darkNstormy

Do they have electricity there? ;)