Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Electricity Plans - Victoria

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got on the AGL one.. AGL still had slots when I talked to them a few weeks ago:
  1. Smart charging trial:
    1. We give you a free $2,500 7.2kW smart charger (standard installation included)
    2. Claim up to $50 per quarter in bill credits for participating in charging events
  2. API Trial:
    1. Claim up to $50 per quarter in bill credits for participating in charging events.

• Helpful
Reactions: Nobody Famous
I got on the AGL one.. AGL still had slots when I talked to them a few weeks ago:
  1. Smart charging trial:
    1. We give you a free $2,500 7.2kW smart charger (standard installation included)
    2. Claim up to $50 per quarter in bill credits for participating in charging events
  2. API Trial:
    1. Claim up to $50 per quarter in bill credits for participating in charging events.
Just signed up or installed already?

Yeah I spoke to Amber and they said their backend systems aren't ready yet to fully support batteries in VIC/NSW. Once they are and I can automatically export during peaks and recharge during low i'll think of flipping. Until then solar + battery do pretty well.

But with AGL there is the electric vehicle plan as noted above and also the Fed Gov Electric Vehicle Smart Charging Trial run by AGL, that gets you $200 in rebates per year on top of the $240 per year for being on the electric vehicle plan. There is also Powershop with their discount EV plan.

Or you can just copy me and a bunch of others and get a Powerwall Powerwall | Tesla
Mine has been running great for the past 4 years...
These are not available in regional Australia FYI.

Powerclub - pay wholesale + margin. Charge when rates are low.
I guess another fun night ahead for you.

Hopefully you have a Powerwall to isolate from the spikes.

1622443141186.png

I just switched from AGL to re-amped energy in vic. 18.45c kWh/h and 39.29c supply charge. The supply charge is less than half what AGL was which was the main reason for the switch. Tariff is also 4c less which isn’t much, but the bill has definitely gone up since the EV arrived even with solar!

Reactions: AussieOwner
I'm in Melbourne. I have a Powershop EV plan. Time of use tariffs - between 12am-4am its around 10c kw. You have to own an EV to be eligible. Carbon neutral electricity (they say, done with off-sets).

EV off peak 12am-4am : 10.38 c/kWh
off peak 4am-7am 11pm-12am : 14.83 c/kWh
shoulder 7am-3pm, 22.68 c/kWh
Peak is 3pm-9pm, : 27.98 c/kWh
Daily Supply Charge 96.03 c/day

rates will vary depending where you are, this all works great with solar and battery

I'm in Melbourne. I have a Powershop EV plan. Time of use tariffs - between 12am-4am its around 10c kw. You have to own an EV to be eligible. Carbon neutral electricity (they say, done with off-sets).

EV off peak 12am-4am : 10.38 c/kWh
off peak 4am-7am 11pm-12am : 14.83 c/kWh
shoulder 7am-3pm, 22.68 c/kWh
Peak is 3pm-9pm, : 27.98 c/kWh
Daily Supply Charge 96.03 c/day

rates will vary depending where you are, this all works great with solar and battery
Do you pay any other costs such as membership fees or access fees?

Do you pay any other costs such as membership fees or access fees?
No, no extra fees.

I do note that the Vic pricing structure is quite different to NSW. My numbers for Powershop are 6.77c, 13.48c, 17.52, and 36.41 (thank god for the battery!) with 121.58c/day. I wonder if it is to do with potential higher solar harvest and lesser need for heating further north.

No, no extra fees.

I do note that the Vic pricing structure is quite different to NSW. My numbers for Powershop are 6.77c, 13.48c, 17.52, and 36.41 (thank god for the battery!) with 121.58c/day. I wonder if it is to do with potential higher solar harvest and lesser need for heating further north.
I’m in SA, and use the AGL subsidary power direct, who give me better rates than agl. in SA powershop are 2c cheaper on import, but give 5c less on feed in. I export more than I import, so this makes powershop more expensive for my circumstance. They also have a higher day rate which just makes it worse. I’m on a simple fixed rate type meter with no peak or off peak and no time of use…..we just pay peak rates 24/7, which is why solar and batteries pay back so quickly in SA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hairyman
I’m in SA, and use the AGL subsidary power direct, who give me better rates than agl. in SA powershop are 2c cheaper on import, but give 5c less on feed in. I export more than I import, so this makes powershop more expensive for my circumstance. They also have a higher day rate which just makes it worse. I’m on a simple fixed rate type meter with no peak or off peak and no time of use…..we just pay pek rates 24/7, which is why solar and batteries pay back so quickly in SA.
Absolutely. It is very interesting to see how particular circumstance make such an enormous difference to best choice.