Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best energy provider for EVs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've just switched to Pure Planet (100% renewables). It was one of the cheapest single rate tariffs too (11.2 p/kWh) but it is variable and quite a high standing charge at £10/month. But overall still one of the cheapest quotes we had from Which Switch and hundreds of pounds per annum cheaper than our current supplier renewal offer (SSE). Didn't really look at E7, but will do some analysis in the coming months now we are charging overnight. Our annual electricity usage was around 11,500 kWh before we bought the Tesla. Haven't calculated the increase yet.

but will do some analysis in the coming months now we are charging overnight

I hadn't really thought about it before, but I would imagine its quite hard for someone on a single tariff to estimate nighttime-only usage, and thus to figure out if it is worth have E7 at all ...

... but with EV, and good data logging (e.g. TeslaFi), you will know exactly how much you charge overnight and even ignoring any other usage (overnight) you should be able to make a good case for whether E7 works for you ... or not :)

I hadn't really thought about it before, but I would imagine its quite hard for someone on a single tariff to estimate nighttime-only usage, and thus to figure out if it is worth have E7 at all ...

... but with EV, and good data logging (e.g. TeslaFi), you will know exactly how much you charge overnight and even ignoring any other usage (overnight) you should be able to make a good case for whether E7 works for you ... or not :)

We have a smart meter with full half hourly data, so no problem analysing 24 hr consumption.

Ah, good point. They came to fit my smart meter ... and then decided that there wasn't a good enough signal and went away.

Never had a problem with visitor's mobile phone providers here, and a house 100 yards down the road has a smart meter ...

Pity. I would have enjoyed having the benefit of the data :)