Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best European and UK Breakdown cover?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

yessuz

Dec 30, 2021
Midlands
Hi Guys.

Question quite simple - what you can recommend as European and UK (including home) breakdown cover for Tesla?

I will run out of basic warranty within a week or so and I am not sure if Tesla roadside assistance will be of any help after that. And I have road trip planned to continent (Spain, again!)

and maybe from your experience - what companies can be recommended?

I get my European breakdown cover through my Nationwide Flex bank account. It's £13 a month and includes very comprehensive European breakdown cover (for any car you're travelling in), mobile phone insurance for the family and also travel insurance.

They'll give you £200 if you switch to them and move two direct debits to that card.

I've used the breakdown cover several times with previous cars which included a car hire and recovery of an old BMW from Dover to Edinburgh. Luckily I haven't had the need to use it whilst in Europe however I've no reason to doubt that the service wouldn't be as efficient as my UK experiences.

well, looks like I can get something similiar with Lloyds with their Silver accounts..

might need an upgrade. but it does not cover Europe.. while Lloyds Platinum actually covers more countries... but still very llimited.

but in such case, looks like separate deal from someone like Eversure or so seems much better option... as for example I have quote for 40 gbp p/a for uk/European cover...

13 or 12 a month aggregates to much more over a year.. even including travel insurance which is again close to ~40... :/

I get my European breakdown cover through my Nationwide Flex bank account. It's £13 a month and includes very comprehensive European breakdown cover (for any car you're travelling in), mobile phone insurance for the family and also travel insurance.

They'll give you £200 if you switch to them and move two direct debits to that card.

I've used the breakdown cover several times with previous cars which included a car hire and recovery of an old BMW from Dover to Edinburgh. Luckily I haven't had the need to use it whilst in Europe however I've no reason to doubt that the service wouldn't be as efficient as my UK experiences.
They are excellent and use AA cover for UK and Europe. £13/month less than my AA cover per month before even adding in Europe cover to my AA policy or any of the other benefits.

They are excellent and use AA cover for UK and Europe. £13/month less than my AA cover per month before even adding in Europe cover to my AA policy or any of the other benefits.
13 a month LESS than AA?

What???

Eversure which is reasonable o defaqto, is 40 a year... and 47 without any excess...
1718978530832.png

so do I miss something here? Why RAC is so much more expensive than RescueMyCar or Eversure which are no excess...

Attachments

• 1718978467864.png
    1718978467864.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Another vote for Nationwide. It's a no brainer when you factor in the cost of AA breakdown (UK and Europe) and Aviva worldwide travel insurance for the whole family. Plus you get mobile phone cover on top, although our home insurance covers that too. Also the breakdown cover covers anyone driving your car plus any car you drive.

I would not rely on Tesla roadside assistance, especially in Europe where they will take it to the nearest service centre. AA will bring the car home.

Went through all this yesterday for a pending two week trip down to Provence. The comparison sites came up with three companies, two 3 star defaqto and one, 1 star. Cheap and cheerful but very variable reviews. In the end we went for AA for an extra £30 but 5 star defaqto and much broader recognition and coverage as far as we could make out. Not going to chance it for the sake of 30 notes.

In the end we went for AA for an extra £30 but 5 star defaqto and much broader recognition.
Road side assistance is something you want the best service for when things go wrong. The AA have always delivered on service when we needed them, this was a couple of years ago. Made the call at 1015am, puncture on side of a busy dual carriageway, had a ferry to catch at 8pm in Plymouth!!!

AA turned up quickly, sorted the issues, followed me to a local tyre shop to make sure the repair held. We were boarding the ferry at 830pm.

My sister in law works for the RAC, she recommends everyone to go with the AA :).

52103835972_3b6897731d_c_d.jpg

52107028741_7130c16fc6_c_d.jpg

Reactions: spon88
Another vote for Nationwide. They used to use green flag (which also served me well once with a blow out) but yes as of last year I think use the AA. Besides other benefits already mentioned, their mobile phone insurance is also great as it also covers if the phone goes faulty and its a fast turnaround!