Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home start breakdown cover?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

My breakdown cover is up for renewal. Previously I’ve always had home start cover, because it did save my bacon once when I had an ICE car. However, I’ve been thinking - what are the chances RAC or AA can actually fix a Tesla if it does breakdown? I’ll definitely get nationwide recovery so we don’t get stuck, even if they can’t fix it, but at home it doesn’t seem worth it?

Thanks for any advice!

Cheers,
Andrew

Home start is not ‘home’ start, it’s ‘within a certain distance of home’ start.

It’s there to stop people pushing a broken down car just down the road to get fixed.

Also several potential problems that could occur at home but not covered under warranty and thus Teslas cover.

Also AA/RAC etc may get to you quicker than Tesla might. Former try to be 24/7, Tesla seem to be working hours only for most things.

Also worth remembering that certain levels of cover are not vehicle specific. So you might be in a different car that needs breakdown.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
It's worth looking at the details of any breakdown cover you do get, to check what sort of recovery options they include. The main potential issue being you can't tow a Tesla (or shouldn't, at least), it needs to be put on a low loader. Some also offer flat traction battery cover, while others don't.

It's worth looking at the details of any breakdown cover you do get, to check what sort of recovery options they include. The main potential issue being you can't tow a Tesla (or shouldn't, at least), it needs to be put on a low loader. Some also offer flat traction battery cover, while others don't.
AA vehicles should be equipped with their freewheeling hub which allows the vehicle to be towed.