Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best insurance I found! $860/year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best X insurance! I have been shopping around for x insurance. Farmer is bout $1800/year, State Farm $1900, all state $1600. I thought I will be satisfied if I can find a $100/month insurance. I finally found it. $870/year full coverage! No joking. Zero deductible for windshield replacement too. That's liberty mutual. I highly recommend my agent Ed, his direct line is (503) 675-7600. I'm 34 years old, insured with my 27 years wife who had a accident 4 years ago. No joking, only $870 when all other company want $1600-$2000+ I attached screencut a for my policy/coverage.

I'm not here to sell insurance. Just want to share this awesome rate I got from Ed!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: SageBrush
I got roughly the same rate as the OP from Safeco, which which is a division of Liberty Mutual. It looks like my coverage is similar to yours too.

It had been a while since I shopped for car insurance. It was a labyrinth of details to navigate, more than I remember the last time.

Best X insurance! I have been shopping around for x insurance. Farmer is bout $1800/year, State Farm $1900, all state $1600. I thought I will be satisfied if I can find a $100/month insurance. I finally found it. $870/year full coverage! No joking. Zero deductible for windshield replacement too. That's liberty mutual. I highly recommend my agent Ed, his direct line is (503) 675-7600. I'm 34 years old, insured with my 27 years wife who had a accident 4 years ago. No joking, only $870 when all other company want $1600-$2000+ I attached screencut a for my policy/coverage.

I'm not here to sell insurance. Just want to share this awesome rate I got from Ed!
We just interacted over at FB on this. I plan to call Ed and check. I was asking about your coverage limits being of concern.. I will have to revisit those numbers and ponder if I am being too conservative with them and paying a larger premium as a result.

We just interacted over at FB on this. I plan to call Ed and check. I was asking about your coverage limits being of concern.. I will have to revisit those numbers and ponder if I am being too conservative with them and paying a larger premium as a result.
25/50 seems ridiculously low. Even my dirt-cheap-who-cares-I'm-single-and-don't-have-a-penny-to-my-name-insurance I had when I was a teenager was 50/100. Thinking of a couple payouts that extended family members have received as a result of minor accidents, they've all been at least $25k, probably more in the $30-60k range. Also, the property damage portion covers the damage to another person's car. At $25k - what do you think the likelihood will be that if you total another car, that car will be worth $25k or less? Probably depends on where you live. In my area we don't have too many expensive ($75k+) cars, but lots and lots and lots of minivans and SUVs that are in the $25-40k range.

The way I've been taught to look at insurance, is if the consequences of being sued beyond what your insurance covers is small (i.e. I'm a single teenager, and they sue me for $100k - whoop-de-doo I go bankrupt and they take my car and I don't have anything else), then by all means save some money on insurance. If however, you have decent assets, and you don't want them to be able to take your house, your savings, and maybe other assets, you should probably buy enough coverage to handle a more expensive, but still foreseeable outcome. Final caveat - if your net worth is so high that on the off chance you do have to pay out $500k or more in a worst case scenario that you caused someone's death or something, and $500k is no big deal for you, then by all means "self-insure", and only pay for the minimum you're legally obligated to carry in your state (or, the minimum you think is reasonably likely to happen that you'd rather the insurance company cover).

25/50 seems ridiculously low. Even my dirt-cheap-who-cares-I'm-single-and-don't-have-a-penny-to-my-name-insurance I had when I was a teenager was 50/100. Thinking of a couple payouts that extended family members have received as a result of minor accidents, they've all been at least $25k, probably more in the $30-60k range. Also, the property damage portion covers the damage to another person's car. At $25k - what do you think the likelihood will be that if you total another car, that car will be worth $25k or less? Probably depends on where you live. In my area we don't have too many expensive ($75k+) cars, but lots and lots and lots of minivans and SUVs that are in the $25-40k range.

The way I've been taught to look at insurance, is if the consequences of being sued beyond what your insurance covers is small (i.e. I'm a single teenager, and they sue me for $100k - whoop-de-doo I go bankrupt and they take my car and I don't have anything else), then by all means save some money on insurance. If however, you have decent assets, and you don't want them to be able to take your house, your savings, and maybe other assets, you should probably buy enough coverage to handle a more expensive, but still foreseeable outcome. Final caveat - if your net worth is so high that on the off chance you do have to pay out $500k or more in a worst case scenario that you caused someone's death or something, and $500k is no big deal for you, then by all means "self-insure", and only pay for the minimum you're legally obligated to carry in your state (or, the minimum you think is reasonably likely to happen that you'd rather the insurance company cover).

$300K for liability and underinsured motorist, $1000 deductible on comprehensive and collision with no deductible on glass damage. That's important here in Washington where there is no law about covering your load and windshield damage rates are among the highest in the US.

It's the Superior package:
http://www.sandvikinsuranceagency.c...urance_-_auto_insurance_-_coverage_levels.pdf

My SO is an attorney and she worked for a little while in a personal injury practice. She recommended the $300K limit. You can't cover every single possible situation, but $300K is going to cover most personal injury/wrongful death cases.

We don't have a lot of expensive cars around here either (I recently went from driving what was probably the oldest car in the neighborhood and probably the least valuable to the most expensive), but if you're every going to be using a supercharger, you will be around cars that cost $100K+.

• Helpful
Reactions: ssq

I got a better rate quote through Nationwide, but your rate is pretty good!....mine was $760 for 6 months.

man 25/50 for bodily seems really low...with a tesla, thats a target to be sued if you had an accident. i'm at 250/500 but i might drop it down to 100/300.

when you got quoted 1000-2000, are you comparing apples to apples coverage? I'm guessing those quotes were way higher for bodily injury.

i'll give ed a call anyways to check. thanks!

Last edited:
Wow those numbers are all low in the US. Germany minimum is 7,5 Mio. Euro bodily damage and 1,12 Mio for property damage.

I think the one most Tesla owners here get even just a general 100000000€ coverage. (Yes, that is the right amount of zeros)

USAA, Amica, and American Express are the only (3) direct writers in the US. At least that was the case a few years ago when I last checked. Basically, if you're looking to save some money then check them out. USAA is for people or families that served in the military. Amica is strict with who they cover and American Express is invitation only. I use Amica and they've been the great. Good luck!