Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I applied for the loan today and approved for 2.49 72 months. I emailed [email protected] with question if they can shop more for better rate and they responded

then I told them that I read that some people got better rate via chase after seeing email and they replied that is not the case ???

I am lazy to go via DCU, what is the credit score limit for dcu 1.24% ?

I applied for a PenFed Loan but they are asking for a Purchase Order before they give me a rate. Has anyone just used their order reservation form? I'm worried if I wait for a VIN it will take too long to close the loan by the time they expect to deliver.

I guess a better follow up question would be for those that have gotten VINs, how much time did you have from VIN to delivery?

Alright I managed to get switch out of the cash and now in the tesla portal I can either do Tesla Preferred or Self-Arranged Financing. If i want to go with DCU, I should just use Self-Arranged Financing right?
Correct. I started with Tesla financing and had to email my SA to swap it to self arranged.
(I told her cash, but she asked if I meant a different lender, and corrected me)

Reactions: Fakedevil
Correct. I started with Tesla financing and had to email my SA to swap it to self arranged.
(I told her cash, but she asked if I meant a different lender, and corrected me)
Sorry to interrupt, did you then fill up the Finance Partner Information to obtain the MVPA? Cause I only have Order Agreement right now..
I just finished filling up the Finance Partner Information but yet to see a MVPA

Last edited:
Sorry to interrupt, did you then fill up the Finance Partner Information to obtain the MVPA? Cause I only have Order Agreement right now..
I just finished filling up the Finance Partner Information but yet to see a MVPA
You won't get the final agreement until you have your vin.

I gave DCU my purchase order, which was essentially the same paper, but no vin. They said that was fine for now, but that I would need to upload the final purchase agreement when I get my vin assigned.

I also didn't fill out the finance info, my SA just needed the name and financing amount and entered it on their side.

You won't get the final agreement until you have your vin.

I gave DCU my purchase order, which was essentially the same paper, but no vin. They said that was fine for now, but that I would need to upload the final purchase agreement when I get my vin assigned.

I also didn't fill out the finance info, my SA just needed the name and financing amount and entered it on their side.
Alright so I just called my SA and they corrected something on their end and now i have the MVPA which I just uploaded to DCU.
Calling them to try to overnight the check asap since its holiday on Monday..

I applied for a PenFed Loan but they are asking for a Purchase Order before they give me a rate. Has anyone just used their order reservation form? I'm worried if I wait for a VIN it will take too long to close the loan by the time they expect to deliver.

I guess a better follow up question would be for those that have gotten VINs, how much time did you have from VIN to delivery?
With PenFed just say you don’t have a car yet. They will send you a draft "not to exceed" what you are approved for. At least that’s how they used to be. That way you could shop around with their check and not be tied to a car or dealer.

I received two quotes for financing so far:

Tesla: ~90% of MSRP financing at 2.49% for 72 months
My bank: 110% of MSRP financing at 1.99% for 72 months

I will try DCU as well. The <1.5% sounds just too good. Anyone willing to send me a referral? Please shoot me a PM. Thank you

Finally have a VIN. I applied through Tesla and instantly approved for:

U.S. Bank N.A.
72 months, 2.49% APR

I subsequently emailed [email protected] and asked for them to shop around for a better rate.

I already have everything set up with DCU. So I’ll apply tomorrow to get the 1.24% for 65 months. If approved for that rate, I’ll ask Tesla to rate match for the 72 month term. If they do not, I intend to stick with DCU.

Also keeping DCU’s savings account since the first $1,000 has a 6.17% APY. That’s a nice account to stash away some emergency cash and get a guaranteed return.

Status
Not open for further replies.