Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Issue Escalation Path?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What have M3 owners found most effective in escalation an issue that your local service center declines?

I’ve emailed Customer Service, Musk’s Office, Press@Tesla, and also resolutions@tesla - to no avail. In addition to Tweeting Musk, Tesla and Support.

My windshield (at 10 days old when I noticed it fully) has 100’s of small speck this shimmer is direct sunlight. The service center’s telling me I cause the “chips” - in just 10 days! Crazy. Now, I’ve looked at the roof glass and it has the same speckles. 1 piece of glass at a time though.

Welcome any advice.

What have M3 owners found most effective in escalation an issue that your local service center declines?

I’ve emailed Customer Service, Musk’s Office, Press@Tesla, and also resolutions@tesla - to no avail. In addition to Tweeting Musk, Tesla and Support.

My windshield (at 10 days old when I noticed it fully) has 100’s of small speck this shimmer is direct sunlight. The service center’s telling me I cause the “chips” - in just 10 days! Crazy. Now, I’ve looked at the roof glass and it has the same speckles. 1 piece of glass at a time though.

Welcome any advice.

You can open an issue when you log into your Tesla account and there is an option to request an executive escalation.

However, in this case, the SC is correct, surface pitting of glass from driving is completely normal and 100% of automotive glass that is subjected to wind is effected by it.

Within 60 days of driving my new Model 3 I had two small chips in the windshield that required actual repair and numerous (dozens) of tiny chips.

This is unavoidable and I have observed the same thing on every car I've owned.

One option is to have xpel or similar protective film applied to the windshield which will protect it against some pitting and chipping from normal driving.

Does that look even remotely “normal” or “unavoidable” for 10 days of driving the car?

They only show up in direct sunlight, hence I didn’t notice by their magical Day 3 time period. It’s the same on the roof and back glass.

Perhaps it is damaged. But, it’s more like it came that way. Tesla should do better than let their new customers hang out to dry.

= 0% Retention Rate

Attachments

• 2408B7F0-FF47-4FA4-8756-935E53671D15.jpeg
    2408B7F0-FF47-4FA4-8756-935E53671D15.jpeg
    673.6 KB · Views: 210
  • Informative
Reactions: super20g
Does that look even remotely “normal” or “unavoidable” for 10 days of driving the car?

They only show up in direct sunlight, hence I didn’t notice by their magical Day 3 time period. It’s the same on the roof and back glass.

Perhaps it is damaged. But, it’s more like it came that way. Tesla should do better than let their new customers hang out to dry.

= 0% Retention Rate

= 0% Retention Rate

That is not normal.

= 0% Retention Rate

Then escalate it within Tesla. If you aren't going to buy another Tesla ever again over this then let them know I guess.

There's a 90+ % chance that Tesla has their glass manufactured by an OEM that supplies glass to other car manufacturers.

I live in CO, pitted windshields even on new cars are completely normal if you drive them on the highway and I've had pitting on my Audis and BMWs a fairly short time after I started driving them.

• Informative
Reactions: SweetP

Out of curiosity, what does the paint on the front bumper, fenders and frunk/hood look like ? If there are no paint chips, maybe you can make a case it wasn't from driving as the front paint is still like new ?? I would think it might be reasonable to assume it if was caused by driving, more than the windshield would have been affected....Sorry, just grabbing at straws here to help prove your case.

Northern CA has a separate email for concerns. Maybe PA has an equivalent email ?

Is there another SC you can take it to ?

My car came with a crack in the front roof glass and Tesla added it to my service profile about a month later.

• Informative
Reactions: SweetP
That picture is worthless. All it shows are a bunch of out of focus spots, which could be anything - dirt on the windshield, or whatever. You'll need to document this much better. And be able to prove that this is actual pitting of the glass, and not just some kind of debris you drove through that stuck. I'm not really buying this currently, based on the photo, the only evidence presented so far.

I'd suggest making an appointment with your service center to deal with this. If you haven't already. It's unclear if they've actually seen the car yet. That's your first line of approach, before getting all ballistic. If it's really as bad as you're making it out to be, they should replace all the glass, or the car. Any reputable SC would take care of this properly. I don't know the laws in PA, but here in TN you have 30 days to sort out these kinds of things, or you can get a full refund.