Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Jack pads ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They’re being delivered today. But I may just have to return them and get those bling bling ones.

Just refuse delivery at the door - This is what Amazon told me to do to avoid return fees, etc. I've had cases where they canceled directly to the driver who was minutes away from making the delivery; and told me to keep the item, or throw it out, if it happens to be delivered anyway. Use "chat" feature on Amazon web site - you'll be pleasantly amazed!

Edit: Yes, "bling-bling" ones are super high quality. I'm really glad I got them.

Just refuse delivery at the door - This is what Amazon told me to do to avoid return fees, etc. I've had cases where they canceled directly to the driver who was minutes away from making the delivery; and told me to keep the item, or throw it out, if it happens to be delivered anyway. Use "chat" feature on Amazon web site - you'll be pleasantly amazed!

Edit: Yes, "bling-bling" ones are super high quality. I'm really glad I got them.

I’ve never had a problem returning Amazon items. There’s an Amazon bookstore 5 minutes away to drop items off at for no fee.

I have the Dewhel Aluminum ones: [URL]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N4MSH7L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/URL]

51p209x96PL._SL1001_.jpg

You can get them in colors to match your Tesla!

Z

These look really cool - Conversation piece(s)!
View attachment 429359

I ordered a single one from Amazon (for at home work), forgetting that I might need a set for tire shops when traveling, so the Amazon one will stay in the garage, and this USA Made set in the truck! Note, there is a $5 off coupon, so $34.99 OTD.

Tesla Model 3 Low Profile Jack Point / Pad Adapter Tool - QTY:4 w/Carrying Case | eBay

Hello all,

As you know, I am a big supporter for these high quality, "Shiny," Made in the USA, machined aluminum jack pads! I recently learned the vendor introduced a new lower cost product, made not from aluminum, but rather a light weight epoxy/resin of sorts. They are machined, just like the "shiny" aluminum ones - and black in color. Same high quality and packing container as the originals, and they are selling for less than $25! I really like the light-weight nature of these and will store this set in my M3 - saving the aluminum set for my garage! I've attached some pictures so you can see these for yourself. Also, here's a link to the product page on eBay, in case you are interested -

Tesla Model 3 LP UHMW Jack Point / Pad Adapter Tool - QTY:4 w/Carrying Case | eBay

JP1.jpg
JP3.jpg
JP2.jpg

Last edited:
So, I’ve never heard of these till the Tesla community started talking about them. When you guys go for tire work or whatever you just tell them to use them? Do you watch to make sure? Are they compatible with all jack stands? I can imagine asking for them to be used and the mechanics just saying sure, whatever. Then not use them.

As someone who will never jack up their own Model 3 and wants to get a set of these for in case I encounter an unexpected tire-change situation at an unfamiliar shop, has anyone experienced any issues with the shop mechanics using the smaller diameter jack pads vs the hockey puck sized ones?

So, I’ve never heard of these till the Tesla community started talking about them. When you guys go for tire work or whatever you just tell them to use them? Do you watch to make sure? Are they compatible with all jack stands? I can imagine asking for them to be used and the mechanics just saying sure, whatever. Then not use them.

Yes to all. The are specific for the Model 3 and work with any lift or jack.

As someone who will never jack up their own Model 3 and wants to get a set of these for in case I encounter an unexpected tire-change situation at an unfamiliar shop, has anyone experienced any issues with the shop mechanics using the smaller diameter jack pads vs the hockey puck sized ones?

Think about those Porsche scissor jacks often talked about here.... The nipple and pad on that jack is even smaller than these pads, and those jacks are more than good enough for a Porsche.

Sure but I suspect Porsche owners are more likely to visit Porsche-specific mechanics overall than I am to visit Tesla-specific mechanics during a tire emergency so I'm not sure that comparison is relevant.

In a tire emergency, I doubt a Porsche owner would seek out and find a Porsche mechanics to fix a flat or change a tire. Besides, the scissor jack I mentioned would be used by the owner and not a mechanic anyways. I was talking about the pad size of the scissor jack, remember?

And I'm asking about if anyone had experiences with shop mechanics preferring one size or another. It's fine not to answer if you don't know.

You were concerned about the smaller jack pad size, compared to the hockey puck sized ones. I used the scissor jack pad size as a proxy to suggest the smaller jack pad size shouldn’t be a problem, given the size of the scissor jack pad size. In response, you offer a nonsensical reply which I felt compelled to respond to. And to that, you offer condescending reply. I’m done replying to you at this point. Have a great day.

And I'm asking about if anyone had experiences with shop mechanics preferring one size or another. It's fine not to answer if you don't know.
They don't. I put mine in when my Xpel clear bra installer showed up with the sled lift, one for each side. I had told him I was going to ceramic coat the Aero rims. Pop one in each corner and let them lift away. I could literally drive around the block with mine secure in each hole. For these type of jack pads, size doesn't matter except for the nipple. It needs to fit snuggly so you don't have to babysit the damn thing. After that to each his own! I don't mind shiney nipples!! ;)

Reactions: jamaro and jebinc