Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Jack pads ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

As you know, I am a big supporter for these high quality, "Shiny," Made in the USA, machined aluminum jack pads! I recently learned the vendor introduced a new lower cost product, made not from aluminum, but rather a light weight epoxy/resin of sorts. They are machined, just like the "shiny" aluminum ones - and black in color. Same high quality and packing container as the originals, and they are selling for less than $25! I really like the light-weight nature of these and will store this set in my M3 - saving the aluminum set for my garage! I've attached some pictures so you can see these for yourself. Also, here's a link to the product page on eBay, in case you are interested -

Tesla Model 3 LP UHMW Jack Point / Pad Adapter Tool - QTY:4 w/Carrying Case | eBay

View attachment 455133View attachment 455131 View attachment 455132
Anyone else try these yet, besides me? Thoughts, if so?

I have those. The build quality appears to be good, although I haven't used them yet. I did try fitting them in the lift point and they're a nice, snug fit, such that I can insert them first, then raise the jack without worrying about them falling out.

I ended up getting these Traverse Ridge ones but would not recommend them. They smell super toxic (even after leaving them in the yard for several nights) and the seller said they were made in China and sprayed with a fruity? scent. They are also a homemade hockey puck style which isn't what I expected given the description. I thought I had read about them being made in the US but I could have been mixed up about that.

Reactions: MacGreiner
When you guys take your car to the shop or Telsa Service Center, do you advise the shop/SC to use the jackpads?
I like to install them myself in the parking lot before I check in. I inform them when I do check in AND ask them to leave them in for me to pull out when they're done. Apparently the crew in Vista Discount Tires have a set of pucks already, very cool. Crew was told "he has his own pucks and leave them", one of them cheered and gave a thumbs up. When I get a free rotation for tires they didn't sell me, I make it as easy for them as I can. I've bought there before and they know I'm buying the next set from them. I also feel better cuz I'm not worried about a newbie employee screwing things up. My Tesla Pucks stay put until I remove them and I bet I could drive home without them falling out.

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
Saw the reference to a Porsche scissor jack - any idea, where I can buy either that one or any 2 tonne portable jack to carry with me in Canada? I have a 3 tonne "shop" jack for home use, but it is big and heavy.
The closet I saw at Princess Auto, but it has some weird top, that the Tesla adapter would never stay there.
2 Ton Scissor Jack | Princess Auto
They have another one, looking better, but the top is also unusable.
2 pc 2 Ton RV Scissor Jack | Princess Auto

Other jacks are also useless, Ford or BMW jacks are also designed specifically to lift specific cars.
So far, can't find any scissor jack with flat top and acceptable lifting capacity.

Any idea?

Saw the reference to a Porsche scissor jack - any idea, where I can buy either that one or any 2 tonne portable jack to carry with me in Canada? I have a 3 tonne "shop" jack for home use, but it is big and heavy.
The closet I saw at Princess Auto, but it has some weird top, that the Tesla adapter would never stay there.
2 Ton Scissor Jack | Princess Auto
They have another one, looking better, but the top is also unusable.
2 pc 2 Ton RV Scissor Jack | Princess Auto

Other jacks are also useless, Ford or BMW jacks are also designed specifically to lift specific cars.
So far, can't find any scissor jack with flat top and acceptable lifting capacity.

Any idea?

Hello. This thread has a lot of good information and helpful buying tips. Good luck!
The perfect Model 3 emergency jack?

Looking to buy a set of jack pads to store in the car trunk for emergencies in case the roadside help does not have these available. I see a number of variations - Low profile, standard profile, with magnets, aluminum, plastic alloys, etc. I'm not going to use these regularly to rotate tires or whatever.

Can someone recommend one good quality set of jack pads to buy and keep in the car please?

Are these good enough? Or do I need to buy low profile and one regular profile?
Tesla Model 3 LP UHMW Jack Point / Lift Pad Adapter Tool - QTY:4 w/Carrying Case | eBay

(Apologize for the ignorance)

Looking to buy a set of jack pads to store in the car trunk for emergencies in case the roadside help does not have these available. I see a number of variations - Low profile, standard profile, with magnets, aluminum, plastic alloys, etc. I'm not going to use these regularly to rotate tires or whatever.

Can someone recommend one good quality set of jack pads to buy and keep in the car please?

Tesla Model 3 LP UHMW Jack Point / Lift Pad Adapter Tool - QTY:4 w/Carrying Case | eBay

These were my first choice
Best Jack pads ?

These are the less expensive non aluminum version of those.
Best Jack pads ?

Last edited:

Those work perfect, I got them when they were on sale for $14..:)