Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best mud flaps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My AWD came with Tesla mud flaps as standard on the front but I also wanted some for the rear so ended up buying them from FARASLA but of course you get all 4.
They are superb!
I took the Tesla front ones off so they'd match and was absolutely shocked. They were full of mud and water! :eek:
The drain hole is far too small and any amount of road grit blocks it up completely and it just holds the water.
The FARASLA one's come further up the side of the wheel arch, fit very securely and look very good - much better than the originals with no trap to hold water.

The fronts attach with replacement push rivets + the bolt underneath and the rear has one push rivet plus a bolt underneath - very firm.

I just got the Tsolutions ones and installed them in the front so far. a little lower profile than the Rally Armor ones. If I didn't get these I would have gotten Rally Armor I think.

https://www.amazon.com/Tsolutions-Tesla-Model-Splash-Guards/dp/B07STZDXTS
Tesla Parts and Accessories - Products

Same here, Installed them on both my 3's

PXL_20210102_171221301.MP.jpg

Reactions: iSpine
I have a 2020 M3P - I purchased the ones from RPM Tesla - they were very easy to install and I didn’t have to drill or make holes into the car. So far they have performed great in rain and snow. Most people think they are stock - I’ve had a few tesla owners come up and ask me if the car came with them.

I have a 2020 M3P - I purchased the ones from RPM Tesla - they were very easy to install and I didn’t have to drill or make holes into the car. So far they have performed great in rain and snow. Most people think they are stock - I’ve had a few tesla owners come up and ask me if the car came with them.

Agree. The RPM flaps are easy to put on, no drill and they have more of a 3 dimensional integrated look. I’ll put a couple pics later.

I have the Rally Armor flaps, and have been pretty happy with them. The rubber they use is really high quality stuff. My only complaint is that the frame support system seems kinda janky. It hasn't failed or bent (yet), but it certainly doesn't install confidence.

My first set were the Tsolutions - they lasted about a week. As they are not contoured but straight, they do not present well at the taped adhesion point and the tape will separate the moment anything like snow builds up.
Like others, I went the cheap Chinese amazon route and are happy with those after about a year now.

My first set were the Tsolutions - they lasted about a week. As they are not contoured but straight, they do not present well at the taped adhesion point and the tape will separate the moment anything like snow builds up.
Like others, I went the cheap Chinese amazon route and are happy with those after about a year now.
Well that's not good. I am considering the Tsolutions ones also, and hope they hold up better (I did read the reviews that they include way too little tape, and many just add more themselves). The only issue with the cheap ones (as well as the other molded ones that are more expensive) is that they touch the paint and the reviews say they eventually wear down the paint (especially as dirt gets trapped in between). Although that could be addressed with some PPF in those areas.

I have the TSolutions ones and the fronts are solid. I did have one of my rears start to detach this summer and used a bigger strip of double-sided tape to reattach. Recently I've been noticing that the rears are bending (hard to describe, will have to get a picture). Since the rears are attached on the bottom with a clip that adds tension, it looks like they will tend to arc out.

That said, I'm not too concerned for the rear and could live without them because my main reason to install the flaps was to protect my rocker panels and keep them from rusting. I don't care about the rear plastic bumper getting wear because it won't rust.

If I do replace my flaps in the future, I'll probably get the RallyArmor or evmudflaps.com ones. I honestly like the look of the generic Chinese ones that most people use (same as the RPM, Basenor, and many others) but don't like that they touch the side paint and could wear through. I had a set for a year and had no wear because I applied candle wax behind them, but not sure I would trust them long-term.

It doesn't look bag on Model 3 with the flaps all the way in, IMO. See here

Of course, looks are always subjective.

I have them, and I sorta agree, I'm not a big fan of how they look. I also think they are pretty costly on efficiency. I'm probably picking up a set of replacement rubbers from RA and cutting a bit more contoured set out of them to run in the summer. Should be pretty easy to swap the rubbers back and forth.

I'll stick with the full-length in the winter despite the look.

I'll be adding more 3M tape to my Tsolutions rears as well. fronts are holding up well and I did add additional tape to those compared to what comes with them. I'm getting the arc issue on the rears as mentioned above.

Same here. Rear left flap is coming off on top so will need to put more and bigger tape. Other than this, no issues for me. They are small enough to not make the car look weird and no paint damages!

My AWD came with Tesla mud flaps as standard on the front but I also wanted some for the rear so ended up buying them from FARASLA but of course you get all 4.
They are superb!
I took the Tesla front ones off so they'd match and was absolutely shocked. They were full of mud and water! :eek:
The drain hole is far too small and any amount of road grit blocks it up completely and it just holds the water.
The FARASLA one's come further up the side of the wheel arch, fit very securely and look very good - much better than the originals with no trap to hold water.

The fronts attach with replacement push rivets + the bolt underneath and the rear has one push rivet plus a bolt underneath - very firm.