TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Best product for removing tree sap/bugs?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by beths11, Feb 20, 2017.

1. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

What have you found works best to remove trees sap from the car's exterior and doesn't damage the finish?

2. jamtek

jamtek Member

I like Optimum No Rinse (ONR)...the best product I have found to date for washing the exterior of any car. Follow the directions EXACTLY on the bottle and use first quality, clean microfiber towels to apply. I use the 8 oz/gal of water ratio for removing bugs and sap with a plush microfiber towel. Have used this stuff at car shows for years--great product.

And btw I have nothing to do with the company, just a satisfied user. :)

[​IMG]

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. jamtek

jamtek Member

And btw, here's a pic of my Model X yesterday after an ONR "wash" ...to get all the salt, sand, and crud off after a 600 mile drive up the coast through that Nor' Easter storm last week...

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  4. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

Thanks, actually I have the product and have watched the videos and followed the various "wash my car" threads. I have washed the car a couple of times and have been very happy with the results. I thought there might be a specific product for the sap. Now I see you have a bug ratio(quick detail) which I hadn't seen before. Good to know. Glad I asked..

5. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

In addition to the ONR, which is great stuff, I also use Meguiar's Spray Detailer - also excellent for removing bugs and tar.

• Informative x 1