Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Betting time: Odds of getting ANY advancement on Summons?

How Likely are Canadian Tesla Owners to get Advanced Summons?

• Yeah, we're going to get it right away!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to have it available, but of course, I expect it to pass regulations as well. Unfortunately, we never really got a decent Summons - those in the USA seem to have much more functionality. Yes, it does work, but it's inconsistent, one needs to be close to the car with keys in hand while only being able to do it with the app. Sometimes it would "see" the fob, at others, it just wouldn't work. I hope we get some advancement that actually makes it useful.

I don't see how they will get around the immobilizer laws in Canada. The limitations on the current summon function in Canada is because of the need to have the key within a few feet of the vehicle to disable the immobilizer.

Sure, the laws can change. And it can be argued they need to change for driverless cars to be viable here in the future, I just wouldn't hold my breath for that change to be quick.

Didn’t the 3’s summon get around needing the fob? If so, that could signal a relaxing on the legal side.

I know that over the past few months summon has been more reliable on my X. I’ve not had it fail in the last four months at least.

Didn’t the 3’s summon get around needing the fob? If so, that could signal a relaxing on the legal side.

I know that over the past few months summon has been more reliable on my X. I’ve not had it fail in the last four months at least.
Yes, no fob needed on the 3. It actually works fairly well in my opinion, aside from needing to be within about 10 feet of the car .But I haven't experienced any intermittent issues where it just loses connection like S and X owners have reported in Canada.

In the case of the Model 3, the Bluetooth signal from the phone disables the immobilizer.

Interesting. I’ll have to test and see if I still need the fob on my X.
Tried an experiment last night with some interesting results.
The fob is still required, however Tesla has made a few changes to when the check for the fob is done. Could be just a v9 change, or it could a prelude to removing it.

Basically, if you try to summon without the fob, you can go through all the steps and even push one of the directional buttons without any problem. I even had my mirrors fold in and the warning tones go off before the fob check put a halt to the summon.

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine