Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Birmingham Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my new shiny red/white model 3 performance on friday from Birmingham delivery center. No issues that i have found so far .. perfect .. except for a dirty hand print on the headliner, which quickly removed when i pointed it out!

Still cant believe how quick this car is!!!

Only thing missing is the frunk mat as others have said here.. but i was told by tesla staff that tesla no longer supply them with the cars! Is this true?
Same colour combo as my LR AWD :)

I had a few smutty hand marks on my roof liner too, particularly around the A pillars. I didn’t notice them until I got home (actually, tbh, I didn’t notice them even then, the wife noticed them!) but they all came off easily with a bit of Autoglym upholstery shampoo. :cool:

I had a test drive in the performance model after I’d placed my order. Mine is quite fast enough for me, I don’t think I’d trust myself with the P :rolleyes:

Same colour combo as my LR AWD :)

I had a few smutty hand marks on my roof liner too, particularly around the A pillars. I didn’t notice them until I got home (actually, tbh, I didn’t notice them even then, the wife noticed them!) but they all came off easily with a bit of Autoglym upholstery shampoo. :cool:

Yeah same as mine .. marks came off pretty eaisly so not a problem really (would be nice if they had noticed and cleaned it though)

I had a test drive in the performance model after I’d placed my order. Mine is quite fast enough for me, I don’t think I’d trust myself with the P :rolleyes:

I agree the performance is scary fast! Im still getting used to it but i suspect the standard range car would plenty fast enought - tesla dont make slow cars!

Reactions: Roy W.
It's a shame that Tesla still seem to leave customer service as their lowest priory.

Our pickup at West Drayton highlighted the extremes of Tesla customer service.

There was a problem with our car, stuck between docks and delivery centre, so it wasn't going to be turning up. Probably a problem outside Tesla control (transportation company issue), although doing everything just in time (or not in our case) didn't help. Steve Dix could not have been more helpful during our 5-1/2 wait. Roll forward to the last 15 minutes and a different Tesla representative, the whole lot just goes to *sugar*. Unfortunately we will remember the whole experience not for the 5-1/2 hour wait, but the final 15 minute handover malarkey and the attitude and BS of the handover guy.

Unfortunately we will remember the whole experience not for the 5-1/2 hour wait, but the final 15 minute handover malarkey and the attitude and BS of the handover guy.

Agree, only had to wait 30mins but the attitude and BS of the handover guy sums up my experience too also at WD I would suggest its the same guy but there are probably many of the same types there.

Reactions: Roy W.
I’ve been at Birmingham since around midday today. Was supposed to be picking up at 11:30. Got a call while I was on the train here to say the transporter has broken down but it’ll definitely be here today. Still waiting...

Sounds like the delivery company has a dodgy transporter! Same here with West Drayton yesterday and at least one other person the day before. May be same transporter. Anything about being impounded in Winchester and driver out of hours by any chance?

My collection day experience:
  • Train was on time from South Wales. This was a shock!
  • Tried to walk to the delivery centre from New Street station but so much construction around Victoria Square so kept getting turned back on ourselves. Cue Uber to the rescue :)
  • Friendly welcome, Nespresso and biscuits provided on arrival at the delivery centre Summerhill road. Loads of Model 3s, first time I’d seen all of the colours. There isn’t a bad colour with this car, they all look good. Very happy I picked red, but I admired the blue and white ones too, they looked good.
  • 20 minute group presentation covered the basics on keycard, phone, charging and Autopilot.
  • Two pieces of news that were not so good:
    • Apparently there is a European shortage of type 2 charge cables (the blue one) so we wouldn’t be getting them today. They will be posted out when they restocked.
    • No frunk mat provided, this is apparently now not a standard item (it was previously on LR and Performance).
  • Checked car and set up phone key, personal profile etc. All very easy. Our Model 3 was fine, only one small scratch which was logged for repair. Build quality inside and out seemed good to both me and my wife who came with me for an extra set of eyes.
  • Staff were relaxed and helpful, answered all of my daft questions. There was no pressure to rush out, generally a good experience.
  • Car had 110 miles of charge. First drive to Hopwood services was an experience. A good one. Quickly got used to regenerative breaking, it’s very natural.
  • First Tesla supercharger experience at Hopwood. 4 stalls for Model 3, one was free, all good. Charged up to approx 225 miles while having a drink. Stopped for about 45 mins.
  • First motorway drive M42 and M5 south. Fantastic overall. Mind blowing acceleration. TACC worked very well. Auto wipers worked fine. Seats very comfortable. DAB and Spotify great. Sat nav great on the big screen. Noise levels low.
  • Home, plugged into the Andersen A2 overnight and now it’s happily charging at 29 miles / hour. Although the Andersen Konnect app is not cooperating so I can’t schedule it for off peak hours. Will work on that tomorrow.

Good day overall and very happy with my Model 3 day 1 experience.

• Tried to walk to the delivery centre from New Street station but so much construction around Victoria Square so kept getting turned back on ourselves. Cue Uber to the rescue :)
  • Friendly welcome, Nespresso and biscuits provided on arrival at the delivery centre Summerhill road. Loads of Model 3s, first time I’d seen all of the colours. There isn’t a bad colour with this car, they all look good. Very happy I picked red, but I admired the blue and white ones too, they looked good.
  • 20 minute group presentation covered the basics on keycard, phone, charging and Autopilot.
    • Apparently there is a European shortage of type 2 charge cables (the blue one) so we wouldn’t be getting them today. They will be posted out when they restocked.
    • No frunk mat provided, this is apparently now not a standard item (it was previously on LR and Performance).
  • Checked car and set up phone key, personal profile etc. All very easy. Our Model 3 was fine, only one small scratch which was logged for repair. Build quality inside and out seemed good to both me and my wife who came with me for an extra set of eyes.
  • Staff were relaxed and helpful, answered all of my daft questions. There was no pressure to rush out, generally a good experience.
  • Car had 110 miles of charge. First drive to Hopwood services was an experience. A good one. Quickly got used to regenerative breaking, it’s very natural.
  • First Tesla supercharger experience at Hopwood. 4 stalls for Model 3, one was free, all good. Charged up to approx 225 miles while having a drink. Stopped for about 45 mins.
  • First motorway drive M42 and M5 south. Fantastic overall. Mind blowing acceleration. TACC worked very well. Auto wipers worked fine. Seats very comfortable. DAB and Spotify great. Sat nav great on the big screen. Noise levels low.
  • Home, plugged into the Andersen A2 overnight and now it’s happily charging at 29 miles / hour. Although the Andersen Konnect app is not cooperating so I can’t schedule it for off peak hours. Will work on that tomorrow.

Very similar experience too. We actually were able to walk the maze construction! We were early so they pulled us into the 2:30 group presentation. BH took some time to approve all paperwork which was not too bad. We got to check the car in the mean time. We thought all the paperwork was completed already but there was just a tiny mistake with the direct debit details we needed to wait the fix for.

I must say everyone in the delivery centre was super helpful and nice. :)

Tried out supercharger around Milton Keynes while getting vegan subway (so environmentally conscious today). It took <30min to charge to 90% from 54%.

Sounds like a good experience, my only regret is that I didn’t pickup from Birmingham too!

So after being there for 6 hours, the transporter finally turned up. 1 hour after that I was able to finally drive away! The staff at Birmingham did the best they could, even offering to drive me home if it didn't turn up, but the lack of information was infuriating. They said it might be on each transporter that turned up (there were 3 throughout the day), but they really had no idea.

I was quite disappointed by the tone of the presentation though, the person giving it didn't really seem to care all that much. Especially when he told us that there were no type 2 cables and no frunk mats for P models anymore. Just shrugged it off as it wasn't his fault.

The car is fantastic though! Only a couple of niggles so far, but not had a chance to properly inspect it as it was dark by then. No front fogs (mid-June order) and the speaker cover on the drivers door isn't on correctly.

So after being there for 6 hours, the transporter finally turned up. 1 hour after that I was able to finally drive away! The staff at Birmingham did the best they could, even offering to drive me home if it didn't turn up, but the lack of information was infuriating. They said it might be on each transporter that turned up (there were 3 throughout the day), but they really had no idea.

I was quite disappointed by the tone of the presentation though, the person giving it didn't really seem to care all that much. Especially when he told us that there were no type 2 cables and no frunk mats for P models anymore. Just shrugged it off as it wasn't his fault.

The car is fantastic though! Only a couple of niggles so far, but not had a chance to properly inspect it as it was dark by then. No front fogs (mid-June order) and the speaker cover on the drivers door isn't on correctly.
Glad you got sorted in the end. It must have been a frustrating wait. I suppose, on the bright side, you got to be the Fly on the Wall for a few hours, so you probably know more about how they operate than they do!

With the speaker grill, try a gentle shove :eek: One of my door trims wasn’t located correctly when I got home, but that’s all it needed :D

Yeah. I spotted a misaligned door trim when i got home. Clicked it back in a couple minutes. Its an American car so didn't expect it to be well built as the german ones. Hopefully it does not rust to bits within 5 years :p
Mind you, if you look at the Taycan, it looks like rain water will also flow into the boot from the back glass when it is open. No body seems to highlight this.

Very excited to have picked up my model 3 performance from Birmingham yesterday too. Absolutely love it and delivery was very smooth and friend but I also have no frunk mat :( I've reported it via email to ordersuk & online, but don't expect to get a reply! Let me know if you have any joy.

I emailed [email protected] asking about the missing frunk mat and here is the reply that i got back:

There is currently a shortage of mat's for the model 3's frunk; sincere apologies for this. If you go on to your Tesla app and scroll down to "Schedule a Service", log that you are missing a front mat, service will pick it up and will be in touch when they are back in stock.

Service logged as instructed - we'll see what happens! ;-)

Reactions: KJWS and Roy W.
Well at least that sounds more positive than the brush off that they no longer include the frunk mat even though there have been quite a few posts in the past 2 days when some complained and were given one whilst others were not. I too have placed a service call for delivery issues such as paint, and included my expectation of a frunk mat as it was in spec at the time when I ordered.

Reactions: KJWS and Roy W.