Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
60k miles in 1 year? is that a record here in TMC?

You might want to organize this video a little bit, by maybe at the beginning listing the topics you are reviewing (exterior, music system, driving in winter over mountains, range, degradation, Superchargers, reliability etc..) and maybe even put a time index. Just a thought..

only 5% range decrease in winter over summer? One of the reasons why you get a much higher range than folks in the US must be the lower speed limits in Norway.

31K out of 60k miles using Superchargers? How many supercharging sessions have you done? let me guess, around 200 miles per supercharging session, or so around 155 supercharging sessions. Or 1 per 2.3 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was a very thorough review and I hope, seriously, that decision-makers at Tesla Motors not only watch it but act on some if not all of the suggestions Bjorn makes.

And he's right, car magazine reviews are nothing compared to a 57-minute year-long 90km review.

Very nice video! How do you feel about the rear window visibility with the new headrests and panel shelf installed? It seemed when you guys were still parked that viewers could see about half of the window blocked by the panel, and about half of the remainder by the headrests. I don't think 25% visibility is good. What do you think would be a safe practice for high-speed driving, always lower the back seat, or something else?

What do you think would be a safe practice for high-speed driving, always lower the back seat, or something else?

I always have the rear view camera view displayed in the top half of the center screen. I don't use the rear view mirror except when it rains and the camera lens gets wet. Tesla needs to figure out a way to keep that lens dry.

You might want to organize this video a little bit, by maybe at the beginning listing the topics you are reviewing (exterior, music system, driving in winter over mountains, range, degradation, Superchargers, reliability etc..) and maybe even put a time index. Just a thought..
Yeah, it was a bit messy. I should have organized it a bit better. Thanks for the tip. I'll probably make a better 2 year/200k km review.

31K out of 60k miles using Superchargers? How many supercharging sessions have you done? let me guess, around 200 miles per supercharging session, or so around 155 supercharging sessions. Or 1 per 2.3 days.
I have no idea how many sessions. Tesla sit on logs and can tell.

+1 for Spain next summer. I hope supercharger network is ready for your trip. :D
Wifey and I both want to go to Spain. But only if the SC network is ready.

57 minutes to do a 1 year review :confused:
Was it too long or too short?

I thought it was a very thorough review and I hope, seriously, that decision-makers at Tesla Motors not only watch it but act on some if not all of the suggestions Bjorn makes.
I didn't talk too much about wishlist of improvements because I'll make a separate video of that one. The list is long, both for software and hardware changes :)

what a great review bjorn, you should work part-time at the showroom/service centre; obviously you are passionate and knowledgeable of the product and then some !!
Some of the Tesla workers could need some tip and tricks from me, yeah. But I don't know if Tesla would let them "waste" their time on some crazy Chinese :p

Very nice video! How do you feel about the rear window visibility with the new headrests and panel shelf installed? It seemed when you guys were still parked that viewers could see about half of the window blocked by the panel, and about half of the remainder by the headrests. I don't think 25% visibility is good.
The parcel shelf was folded halfway up. Usually it will be folded flat and therefore not obstruct the view. Either way, I think the rear headrest are too large. I wouldn't like it on my car. It should be retractable like in most other cars I've had.

What do you think would be a safe practice for high-speed driving, always lower the back seat, or something else?
What do you mean?

Hey Bjorn, on your driver assist video the other owner talked about the release tab in the frunk. Us in the US do not get into the frunk on a regular basis. This release is mandated in cars here because of kidnapping. So if a child is kidnapped and placed in a vehicle, they can get out.

Hey Bjorn, on your driver assist video the other owner talked about the release tab in the frunk. Us in the US do not get into the frunk on a regular basis. This release is mandated in cars here because of kidnapping. So if a child is kidnapped and placed in a vehicle, they can get out.

Because of kidnapping? I think the primary reason inside trunk/frunk releases are mandatory is because children might get inside and another child might close the trunk on them and then leave just as a joke, or worse. In other words, just kids playing around.

I do not think that child kidnapping using trunks is such a serious problem in the US that inside trunk releases became mandatory for that specific reason. Though given how some legislators overreact to some issues, I could be mistaken (I suppose I should prepare myself to be verbally assaulted by child advocates accusing me of heartlessness and insensitivity).

And yes when I watched Bjorn's video I assumed his friend was joking around.

Bjorn, what I meant was when driving at high-speed in a D, is rear view mirror visibility seriously obstructed by rear seat headrests and the parcel shelf, and if so, how do you suggest to compensate? You said the shelf is no issue, so do you agree with the idea of using the rear camera and side mirrors?

I happen to have a car with poor rear visibility (later models doubled the window size in the ragtop).

Bjorn, what I meant was when driving at high-speed in a D, is rear view mirror visibility seriously obstructed by rear seat headrests and the parcel shelf, and if so, how do you suggest to compensate? You said the shelf is no issue, so do you agree with the idea of using the rear camera and side mirrors?

I happen to have a car with poor rear visibility (later models doubled the window size in the ragtop).
The rear camera is often dirty and not usable. Especially in winter in Norway where they salt the roads and the car is constantly dirty. I guess side mirrors would help a little. The only solution is for Tesla to make retractable headrests like on the BMW.

I like having feedback when I'm about to cross into someone's else lane. Also, with low visibility at night when driving in the rain, having the feedback helps me maintain my road vision so I'm not going into someone's else lane. Some people don't like the feedback, but, I find it convenient on the road that is always packed by cars like along the Boston area.

One interesting thing I noticed in the driver-assist video: the current speed limit sign is displayed in a corner of the map. On my Model S (in the US, also with driver assist enabled), it shows up in the center of the speedometer instead. Is this placement region-specific? I wonder if there's a way to have it display on the map in US versions of the software.

p.s. Bjorn, thanks for sharing your videos. They always make me want to go on a road trip!