Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was great! Awfully suspenseful in the middle especially when the supercharger refused to engage!
As with every car, there are sometimes little issues I have to learn and know how to solve. After all, that was my very first day using the Tesla ;)

Never imagined Norway ever being warm enough for t-shirts.

The traction control part was neat to see.
I wear T-shirt all year round! In the summer it can be 28C or 82F. The lowest temperatures only lasts for 2-3 months in the middle/southern parts.

Yes, the traction control stunned me. I was 100 % sure that the car would stall and not get up the hill. It was like it bent some physical rules. But in reality I think the traction control on ICE cars never could be as good because of lag in the engine.

Yes, the traction control stunned me. I was 100 % sure that the car would stall and not get up the hill. It was like it bent some physical rules. But in reality I think the traction control on ICE cars never could be as good because of lag in the engine.

I found myself wondering how much the studded tires helped. Would a very good set of snow tires without the studs done the same?

Nice video! And was also nice to see the car pulling into and out of the Superchargers from a 3rd person perspective where you left the camera at the station. Also, it was really helpful to see the Wh/Km averages since last charge as you drove between superchargers. That data will help others navigate successfully!

You, me and Elon have all been victim to the door lock and no charge connection. That must of been extra frustrating in sub-zero, nighttime, no range left and at a supercharger situation.

I found myself wondering how much the studded tires helped. Would a very good set of snow tires without the studs done the same?

I Think the only times studded tires give a better grip is on ice or realy Hard compressed snow, like that snow in the front of the car. The ICE car i drive today has Hakkapelitta 7 for that reason, becauce of rain on frosen roads and no salt truck this morning.

Great video Bjorn - thanks for sharing. I loved all the little details in the video, including the hard ice which had formed on the front part of the MS. Which then begs the question - does the cold weather package include heated washers for the headlights?

And again Bjorn, awesome video! I am glad that so many people like it! My favorite part was also the nail-biting situation with 0 km left :) Looking forward to more videos with that stunning looking Tesla. Regarding your rims, I am also not a big fan of those, in fact, I share MrIanB's thoughts, but hey, to each his own :)

ATC@LWSK

Great video!

I want to thank you for a great video, it is very informative and nicely done. It is especially interesting to see how the MS cope with the winter conditions, since we here in neighboring Sweden have more or less the same climate.

Personally, I think that I'll have to wait for the model E because we do not have quite as favorable incentives as you Norwegians (I'm not at all jealous :) ) but also because the MS is perhaps a little too big a car, can you share any experiences about that?

On that day, non-studded tires would have done the job too. Most of the time though, especially in the mountains where the temperatures are below -5°C/23°F, there will be ice and/or hard packed snow. For me it's never a question. I always use studded. In the Nordic winter tire test, the best studded usually get 10/10 where non-studded get 8/10.

Nice video! And was also nice to see the car pulling into and out of the Superchargers from a 3rd person perspective where you left the camera at the station. Also, it was really helpful to see the Wh/Km averages since last charge as you drove between superchargers. That data will help others navigate successfully!

You, me and Elon have all been victim to the door lock and no charge connection. That must of been extra frustrating in sub-zero, nighttime, no range left and at a supercharger situation.
Thank you for the feedback :) On my next video I have taken a photo of every checkpoint and SC stops. In the end of the video I'll list up a summary. That door lock issue only happened once. I have charged several times after that without any problems. It's funny that I caught it on camera the first and only time it occured :p

Great video Bjorn - thanks for sharing. I loved all the little details in the video, including the hard ice which had formed on the front part of the MS. Which then begs the question - does the cold weather package include heated washers for the headlights?
Thanks for the feedback :) Yes, the cold weather package includes heated windscreen wipers. I also think the washers are heated up. I always mix washer fluid myself. In the winter I make it withstand -20°C/-4°F. And in the summer -5°C/23°F is enough. Even with winter mix fluid, having heated fluid and wipers is really useful in Norway.

And again Bjorn, awesome video! I am glad that so many people like it! My favorite part was also the nail-biting situation with 0 km left :) Looking forward to more videos with that stunning looking Tesla. Regarding your rims, I am also not a big fan of those, in fact, I share MrIanB's thoughts, but hey, to each his own :)
ATC@LWSK
Thank you for the feedback :) At first I didn't like the rims either. Now I've gotten used to it and think they look OK. In the beginning when BMW in 2004 came out with the new 5-series E60, I didn't like the looks either. But some things mature over time ;) I like the Aero for winter because not only does it increase range, but it also protects the break discs from salt.

I want to thank you for a great video, it is very informative and nicely done. It is especially interesting to see how the MS cope with the winter conditions, since we here in neighboring Sweden have more or less the same climate.

Personally, I think that I'll have to wait for the model E because we do not have quite as favorable incentives as you Norwegians (I'm not at all jealous :) ) but also because the MS is perhaps a little too big a car, can you share any experiences about that?
I had a BMW 5-series E61 (station wagon/estate) before the Tesla. The space in the BMW was a little larger. Despite the fact that Tesla is wider and longer than E61. Yes, Tesla is a big car. But it feels very nimble and yet comfortable. I have always preferred large cars. What is your concern about large cars? Too wide for the garage? Too much fuel consumption?

I really enjoyed your adventure, I hope to be making my own soon. Est delivery 12/20
Oooh, nice :) Christmas comes early for you this year!

I had a BMW 5-series E61 (station wagon/estate) before the Tesla. The space in the BMW was a little larger. Despite the fact that Tesla is wider and longer than E61. Yes, Tesla is a big car. But it feels very nimble and yet comfortable. I have always preferred large cars. What is your concern about large cars? Too wide for the garage? Too much fuel consumption?

I think that I would prefer a smaller car mainly because they are easier to drive and park (especially in those cramped multi-story parking garages). And when I need to haul some lumber a MS would not be large enough so I would have to borrow a truck anyway. So in daily use the MS would probably be overkill, but still not big enough for hauling (and too nice a car to chuck grimy, dusty stuff into :) )

I guess that a performance version of a Gen III car would be quite fun too. But that's pure speculation. I will probably change my mind at least a dozen times until the Gen III will be available.

Seeing forward to your next video :)

I use a Canon HF-G10 with DM-100 mic. I should use my Nikon D7000 more though since it gives some really nice bokeh and low-light performance with the 35 mm/f1.8G.

You mentioned in one of your earlier videos that you also use a Manfrotto suction cup mount. Do you happen to know the specific model? I'm interested in getting one for myself and yours seems to work well.