Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black vs White Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AZ go with white. Stains wipes right off, I have a 5 year old.

Go with the white interior. I get a lot of great positive comments when picking up food at drive-thru windows!

We were worried initially, but we have almost 40,000 miles on ours and not a single stain. Didn't treat them with anything. We keep baby wipes in the console but rarely use them.

Last edited:
If you live in hot climates, the black can get way more toasty than the white without preconditioning.

Personally opted for the white, looks better to me and seeing the dirt / smudges lets me know when its time to clean.

It’s also the first thing people comment on when they get in.

We went white paint, so white interior was not in consideration for us. FWIW, we wear blue jeans a lot and apparently maintenance on white is higher as blue rubs off.

If we find black too annoying there are well regarded seat covers available. Personally I'd go tan myself if I changed and get both a unique look and a better color.

Another vote for white seats. I haven’t sat in a black interior car, but the Y seats are literally the most comfortable I’ve ever sat in. I did get some wheel grease on my wife’s MYP white seats while washing her car recently, and I was able to get any trace of it removed, which was a huge relief!

We went white paint, so white interior was not in consideration for us. FWIW, we wear blue jeans a lot and apparently maintenance on white is higher as blue rubs off.

If we find black too annoying there are well regarded seat covers available. Personally I'd go tan myself if I changed and get both a unique look and a better color.

any good cover links?

Why not white+white?