Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackberry Phone App -- Thats whats missing...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Tesla (et al):

I know Blackberry Phone has a lower market share than iPhone or Android, but there are a core of people who use and like Blackberry. I know that getting those two apps complete first was a priority. But i think we have a fairly significant group of Blackberry users, and we'd appreciate the same support as iPhone and Android. You can even outsource it to any number of companies you do work like this - by starting with your existing iOS and Android code and porting it over.

Can anyone from Tesla (or others) confirm that it's at least being worked on?

all the cool people have iPhones and Androids. wannabe's have windows phones and crack addicts still have their crackberries. just saying ;)

What exactly are windows phone users wanting to be?

If Tesla leaves the API open, this will be really easy to make a basic app for Blackberry. Someone on the forums is making a Windows Phone version.

I don't think anyone will dev for the old BBs with BB10 being "the future". On the plus side, BB10 is extremely easy to develop for.

I couldnt agree more.. Blackberry/RIM is a dying brand. BUT. I have to have Blackberry for my work. SO. I hate carrying 2 phones, and am hoping that converting an android app to Blackberry is not that big of a deal, and maybe Tesla will do it just to get it done.

@Marcus

I'd love to be an alpha or beta tester. Let me know when you have something that you'd like to share. I work for BlackBerry, and may be able to connect you with people in our developer relations group if you have questions that need answering. Just send me a PM.

David